01 March 2007

in like a lion

March has come in like a lion, in the form of snow, lots of snow. We have probably had about a foot of snow in the last 2 days. My 15 minute walk to work took me at least half a hour, trudging through thick, unplowed streets.

I had $1295.00 left over from my Haiti fundraising, which I have to TLC in South Africa (where I volunteered) and to a group from Killarney going to Mexico during spring break, to do missions work. I feel like this was the right thing to do and I know that it will go a long way to help others in need around the world.

My Belfast family (as I've been calling them) have agreed to allow me to fly into London and spend a few days with my dear friend Mark! I am really excited about this, as I haven't seen him for 2 years. Also, my friend Becki lives there too, so I am hoping to meet up with her as well. After a few days in London, I'll hop over to Belfast and meet Neil and Joanne and their twins girls.

This week I have been really into the Dixie Chicks' latest album, "Taking the Long Way" which came out last year, but which I have rediscovered lately. I love the Dixie Chicks. Also, I ordered "Shopaholic and Baby" from Amazon.ca and it will be here soon! For those of you who know the Shopaholic books, I'm sure you will understand my excitement! And for those of you who don't know, you must read them! They are great for a no-brainer chick lit read.

AND I have pre-ordered my copy of "Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows", due out July 21! I am quite excited about this last book of Harry and his adventures. Any other HP fans out there? My friend Lacey is getting married in July, and she is also a HP fan, so I'm buying her the seventh book as a wedding present. She is pumped, as her fiancee wouldn't let her put the book on their registry, as that would make her look like a dork.

If you could buy any book, what would you buy?

5 comments:

  1. Have fun with the snow. I wish I could come and play. I would LOVE to dig some tunnels and rip around on a snowmobile. Ahh. good times.
    Miss You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Hmmmm.......I haven't read a good book for a long time and it is long overdue. I have however enjoyed quite a lot of children's picture books!!!!!! Can I borrow your sHopaholic when you're done?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am quite excited about HP #7, but I do not buy books, so I will have to be #843 on the library waiting list, which is fine with me, as long as nobody tells me the ending!
    You should try "Daniel Isn't Talking" by Marti Limbaugh, and another good book I've read lately is "A Song for Nettie Johnson" I don't remember who that is by, but it's a collection of short stories about the prairies. Right now I am reading "Running Toward Home" by Betty Jane Hegerat. It's set in the Calgary Zoo and is about a foster boy - quite enjoyable so far.
    As for buying a book...It would definitely be Architectural Standards Student Edition. Call me a nerd, but whatever. Too bad I don't have $150 to spare...

    I think I should win on your blog for longest comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:30 AM

    Snow sucks,eh? I so hate it, too!
    If I could buy any book, eh? I'm trying to track down Le Fantome de l'Opera in the original French, which is becoming exceedingly hard, as everytime I think I'm ordering the French version, the English one shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:44 AM

    oh oh oh oh oh!! do u mean me?!!?!? Im Becki and I live in London!! mwahhahaha! Im so excited. We only had one day of snow, and it was onl 6 inches deep but everyone got very excited, hmph!! Hows the preparation going? love u. Becki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

01 March 2007

in like a lion

March has come in like a lion, in the form of snow, lots of snow. We have probably had about a foot of snow in the last 2 days. My 15 minute walk to work took me at least half a hour, trudging through thick, unplowed streets.

I had $1295.00 left over from my Haiti fundraising, which I have to TLC in South Africa (where I volunteered) and to a group from Killarney going to Mexico during spring break, to do missions work. I feel like this was the right thing to do and I know that it will go a long way to help others in need around the world.

My Belfast family (as I've been calling them) have agreed to allow me to fly into London and spend a few days with my dear friend Mark! I am really excited about this, as I haven't seen him for 2 years. Also, my friend Becki lives there too, so I am hoping to meet up with her as well. After a few days in London, I'll hop over to Belfast and meet Neil and Joanne and their twins girls.

This week I have been really into the Dixie Chicks' latest album, "Taking the Long Way" which came out last year, but which I have rediscovered lately. I love the Dixie Chicks. Also, I ordered "Shopaholic and Baby" from Amazon.ca and it will be here soon! For those of you who know the Shopaholic books, I'm sure you will understand my excitement! And for those of you who don't know, you must read them! They are great for a no-brainer chick lit read.

AND I have pre-ordered my copy of "Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows", due out July 21! I am quite excited about this last book of Harry and his adventures. Any other HP fans out there? My friend Lacey is getting married in July, and she is also a HP fan, so I'm buying her the seventh book as a wedding present. She is pumped, as her fiancee wouldn't let her put the book on their registry, as that would make her look like a dork.

If you could buy any book, what would you buy?

5 comments:

  1. Have fun with the snow. I wish I could come and play. I would LOVE to dig some tunnels and rip around on a snowmobile. Ahh. good times.
    Miss You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Hmmmm.......I haven't read a good book for a long time and it is long overdue. I have however enjoyed quite a lot of children's picture books!!!!!! Can I borrow your sHopaholic when you're done?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am quite excited about HP #7, but I do not buy books, so I will have to be #843 on the library waiting list, which is fine with me, as long as nobody tells me the ending!
    You should try "Daniel Isn't Talking" by Marti Limbaugh, and another good book I've read lately is "A Song for Nettie Johnson" I don't remember who that is by, but it's a collection of short stories about the prairies. Right now I am reading "Running Toward Home" by Betty Jane Hegerat. It's set in the Calgary Zoo and is about a foster boy - quite enjoyable so far.
    As for buying a book...It would definitely be Architectural Standards Student Edition. Call me a nerd, but whatever. Too bad I don't have $150 to spare...

    I think I should win on your blog for longest comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:30 AM

    Snow sucks,eh? I so hate it, too!
    If I could buy any book, eh? I'm trying to track down Le Fantome de l'Opera in the original French, which is becoming exceedingly hard, as everytime I think I'm ordering the French version, the English one shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:44 AM

    oh oh oh oh oh!! do u mean me?!!?!? Im Becki and I live in London!! mwahhahaha! Im so excited. We only had one day of snow, and it was onl 6 inches deep but everyone got very excited, hmph!! Hows the preparation going? love u. Becki xxxxx

    ReplyDelete