



July 1, Canada Day, was our First Annual Steak and Croquette Night. next year we hope to involve all members of the family...oh wait...i guess i won't be home next year...ok well maybe the year after we'll involve everyone. this year was only Dad, Amy and I. we had a fun night of playing croquette (although not the well known Ultimate version...sorry, no fire jumping this time).
on Monday Amy, Donny, Clarke, Alison and I went to the beach. the water was it's usual green with floating algae, but this did not put us off! we are used to such "treasures" floating in the lake and so into the water we plunged! it was a terrifically hot day and the beach was humming! we had also pulled the siding off of our house that morning and so the beach was a well deserved break.
Billy the Dog has gotten a red polo shirt from Old Navy and is quite the fashion icon.
Tomorrow I leave for a 6 day American vacation! i am headed to Minneapolis tomorrow and will meet my friend Ashley (who lives there) and Ang (who is coming from Saskatoon). we'll be there until Friday morning and then Ang and I will continue on to Portland, Oregon to see Alicia, Scott & Stacy (hopefully), Emily (hopefully) and the main event...Eric and Lacey's wedding! these are all people I met in South Africa and it has been over 2 years since some of us have seen each other. I am really excited to reunite with these people who were part of something so huge in my life. I'm sure there will be much reminiscing. I get back Monday, July 9 and after that, there's only a month and a bit until I leave for Belfast. it's all coming so quick and it makes me nervous, very excited and scared all at the same time. normal? i think so.



Ohh......invite me next time! I'd love to be part of the annual Steak and Croquette Night! How about posting a picture or two of the deck that my bro. has been building???? Have a great time on your toad trip. "DRIVE DECENT"! Guess how many thousands of times I have heard that and from whom.......
ReplyDeleteNext year lets make it an Ultimate event. I expect fire jumping, water traps and a whole lot of ultimateousity.
ReplyDeleteIf you make it ultimate we will come. Well, we would try! It sure looks like a great time, green water and everything!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have fun in the US of A. How could you not with a reunion like that going on!
I just noticed that Julie thinks you are going on a toad trip...that makes me laugh!!
ReplyDeleteleah, i´m jeaolous....i would love to come to see you all again.....how cool that you´re attending lacey´s wedding and stuff! tons of greetings to everyone whom you´re meeting and billion hugs and kisses to ang and ashley!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteand to you as well!
can´t wait to meet you in october!!!!!!!!!!!!
all my love
leslie
LOL!! Cut me some slack, Erica! I'm a teacher on holidays! And there's nothing like a good "toad trip"!!!!
ReplyDeletethis is the first time that i've looked at leah's blog. i looked at it just to read about the "toad" trip! it cracks me up. good one julie.
ReplyDelete