22 February 2008

things i saw today...

things i saw today....
1. a woman getting onto one of those heart rate/body weight/body fat/health indicator machines outside of a pharmacy. you know the ones...you have to put a coin in and it will tell you how fat you are, how fit you are, if your heart is beating, etc. i have never understood those machines and what's more, i've never understood the people who get on them. i looked on in horror.
2. a grown man, dressed in a suit and tie, playing one of those "claw" games...put in a coin, maneuver the claw, try and win a stuffed animal. again, why? and he was all alone. made the whole situation seem even more desperate and sad.
3. a young boy walking home from school, talking, smiling, making hand gestures. he was walking by himself.
4. a woman at the grocery store buying several cases of vodka. must be the weekend...
5. a man, talking on his cell phone to his wife, describing handbags. topics included color, size, handle/strap length, material. what kind of women sends her husband to buy her a purse???

what did you see today?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 AM

    this always reminds me of the beatles song where they sing:"look at all those lonely people!....."
    it´s sad and when i see those things i always want to help, want to talk to them.....
    love you and i´m with you....
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Hi Leah, Well I can't say that I saw anything too exciting today as I didn't even leave the house! But the women's curling (Manitoba Rink) won over Alberta and will now go on the the world's! I thought that was pretty goo. Do you care???
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:12 PM

    I was driving by a farm this morning and stopped to watch a calf being born.
    Unca ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today what did I see
    Not much I pretty much stayed in the house all day doing homework, then went to get my eyebrows waxed, did more homework, then had an interview for homework.
    Mostly I saw my computer - what a life

    ReplyDelete

22 February 2008

things i saw today...

things i saw today....
1. a woman getting onto one of those heart rate/body weight/body fat/health indicator machines outside of a pharmacy. you know the ones...you have to put a coin in and it will tell you how fat you are, how fit you are, if your heart is beating, etc. i have never understood those machines and what's more, i've never understood the people who get on them. i looked on in horror.
2. a grown man, dressed in a suit and tie, playing one of those "claw" games...put in a coin, maneuver the claw, try and win a stuffed animal. again, why? and he was all alone. made the whole situation seem even more desperate and sad.
3. a young boy walking home from school, talking, smiling, making hand gestures. he was walking by himself.
4. a woman at the grocery store buying several cases of vodka. must be the weekend...
5. a man, talking on his cell phone to his wife, describing handbags. topics included color, size, handle/strap length, material. what kind of women sends her husband to buy her a purse???

what did you see today?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 AM

    this always reminds me of the beatles song where they sing:"look at all those lonely people!....."
    it´s sad and when i see those things i always want to help, want to talk to them.....
    love you and i´m with you....
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:42 PM

    Hi Leah, Well I can't say that I saw anything too exciting today as I didn't even leave the house! But the women's curling (Manitoba Rink) won over Alberta and will now go on the the world's! I thought that was pretty goo. Do you care???
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:12 PM

    I was driving by a farm this morning and stopped to watch a calf being born.
    Unca ray

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today what did I see
    Not much I pretty much stayed in the house all day doing homework, then went to get my eyebrows waxed, did more homework, then had an interview for homework.
    Mostly I saw my computer - what a life

    ReplyDelete