26 March 2011

Kiss my Face (and eat a muffin)

In my last post I wrote that I needed to find a new deodorant that was Propylene Glycol (P.G.) free - something I found out I am allergic to, thanks to my allergy testing last week. I did some online research, and found that the brand Jason Organics was P.G. free. When I got to SuperStore, I double checked the ingredients, and found P.G. right at the top of the list! I was outraged! But fortunately, right next to the Jason Organics brand was Kiss my Face. Their deodorant is P.G. free and comes in great scents. I choose "summer" and have been quite happy with it this week. For a "natural" deodorant, it holds up quite well. I consider myself a bit of a heavy sweater, and previous dips into the natural deod department have left me reeking of B.O. So I was a bit leery this time around. But I was tired of the itchy armpits, so $5.99 later, I bought the Kiss my Face deodorant and have been happy with it! It's a bit rough to apply...most deods soon curve to the shape of your pit, for easier application, but this one feels like I'm rubbing a brick under my arms! A definite con for this product, but I am hoping it softens up eventually. A good purchase!



On another note, I am baking a double batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins today! I have taken the original recipe and "lightened" it up quite a bit in an attempt at healthy snacking!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
3 c. flour (I use 1.5 c white flour, and 1.5 c whole wheat)
1.5 c unsweetened applesauce (instead of oil - gives it a bit of an appley taste, but after a few bites, I hardly noticed it)
2 c. pumpkin
1 T cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1-2 c. chocolate chips (or raisins if you like that kind of thing)

Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.
**I bumped the temp up because the applesauce tended to leave the muffins a bit soggy on the top when baked at the regular 350*. The higher temps crisps them up just right.**

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. have you tried TOMS deo? it's natural, but may only be in the USA.

    sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Where is the pumpkin!?! I love kiss my face")

    ReplyDelete

26 March 2011

Kiss my Face (and eat a muffin)

In my last post I wrote that I needed to find a new deodorant that was Propylene Glycol (P.G.) free - something I found out I am allergic to, thanks to my allergy testing last week. I did some online research, and found that the brand Jason Organics was P.G. free. When I got to SuperStore, I double checked the ingredients, and found P.G. right at the top of the list! I was outraged! But fortunately, right next to the Jason Organics brand was Kiss my Face. Their deodorant is P.G. free and comes in great scents. I choose "summer" and have been quite happy with it this week. For a "natural" deodorant, it holds up quite well. I consider myself a bit of a heavy sweater, and previous dips into the natural deod department have left me reeking of B.O. So I was a bit leery this time around. But I was tired of the itchy armpits, so $5.99 later, I bought the Kiss my Face deodorant and have been happy with it! It's a bit rough to apply...most deods soon curve to the shape of your pit, for easier application, but this one feels like I'm rubbing a brick under my arms! A definite con for this product, but I am hoping it softens up eventually. A good purchase!



On another note, I am baking a double batch of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins today! I have taken the original recipe and "lightened" it up quite a bit in an attempt at healthy snacking!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
3 c. flour (I use 1.5 c white flour, and 1.5 c whole wheat)
1.5 c unsweetened applesauce (instead of oil - gives it a bit of an appley taste, but after a few bites, I hardly noticed it)
2 c. pumpkin
1 T cinnamon
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1-2 c. chocolate chips (or raisins if you like that kind of thing)

Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.
**I bumped the temp up because the applesauce tended to leave the muffins a bit soggy on the top when baked at the regular 350*. The higher temps crisps them up just right.**

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. have you tried TOMS deo? it's natural, but may only be in the USA.

    sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Where is the pumpkin!?! I love kiss my face")

    ReplyDelete