12 June 2011

Operation Deodorant: SUCCESS!

For the last several months I have been trying to find a deodorant that is Propylene Glycol (P.G.) free. This is near to impossible. P.G. is almost always the number one ingredient when it comes to antiperspirants and deods. Since I am allergic to it and it gives me nasty pit rashes, I am trying to avoid it at all costs. I have tried 3 different deods. They have all failed.

First came Kiss My Face. This was as hard as a brick, making it difficult to apply and left me smelling less than desirable at the end of the day. I chucked it.


Then came Degree antiperspirant. This was a more traditional deodorant because it contained aluminum. I couldn't see P.G. on the ingredient list, so I gave it a try. It worked for a few weeks - no rashes and no stink! However, P.G. was lurking in the background under some other name and I broke out in a rash. Into the garbage it went.


Next I tried Dry Idea. It was advertised as being hypo-allergenic, therefore good for people with sensitive skin. I gave it a try. Worked for a few days and then I broke out again. Very frustrated at this point!!


In a fit of desperation I drove to SuperStore, determined to find something that would work and not have me scratching at my pits all day long. I found Dr. Mist. Dr. Mist was originally featured on the CBC show Dragon`s Den. Made from minerals from the Dead Sea, it is completely natural and eliminates the bacteria which causes body odor. It boasts that it can eliminate body odor for up to 3 days, even without showering. I haven't tried this yet and don't think I will! But many testimonials on the website say this is true. Anyway, it comes in a liquid form. Simply shake and spray. I still get dampness under my arms, but have not experienced any stink or stench in the week or two that I've been using it. All in all, I am very happy with this purchase. My rash from the previous attempts is fading and I feel good about myself! Dr. Mist also says it can help treat skin conditions like eczema, help speed healing in open wounds, and treat acne! An all around helpful product.

2 comments:

  1. well I am glad the search is over! I do have to admit though, that I burst out laughing at that name! It sounds like cheap-o perfume or something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Why oh why are we so deodorant challenged???? Minus the rash, I have most of your symptoms and like you, have tried a zillion kinds. If they work initially, they usually stop working soon thereafter for me. Currently using Secret Clinical before I go to bed, as directed, and then reinforce in the morning with Secret Naturals. Oh gottta go! I just remembered that I started the BBQ about 20 minutes ago! Better than last time when I put the chicken on and TOTALLY forgot about it. Not pretty.
    Looking forward to seeing you in July!
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete

12 June 2011

Operation Deodorant: SUCCESS!

For the last several months I have been trying to find a deodorant that is Propylene Glycol (P.G.) free. This is near to impossible. P.G. is almost always the number one ingredient when it comes to antiperspirants and deods. Since I am allergic to it and it gives me nasty pit rashes, I am trying to avoid it at all costs. I have tried 3 different deods. They have all failed.

First came Kiss My Face. This was as hard as a brick, making it difficult to apply and left me smelling less than desirable at the end of the day. I chucked it.


Then came Degree antiperspirant. This was a more traditional deodorant because it contained aluminum. I couldn't see P.G. on the ingredient list, so I gave it a try. It worked for a few weeks - no rashes and no stink! However, P.G. was lurking in the background under some other name and I broke out in a rash. Into the garbage it went.


Next I tried Dry Idea. It was advertised as being hypo-allergenic, therefore good for people with sensitive skin. I gave it a try. Worked for a few days and then I broke out again. Very frustrated at this point!!


In a fit of desperation I drove to SuperStore, determined to find something that would work and not have me scratching at my pits all day long. I found Dr. Mist. Dr. Mist was originally featured on the CBC show Dragon`s Den. Made from minerals from the Dead Sea, it is completely natural and eliminates the bacteria which causes body odor. It boasts that it can eliminate body odor for up to 3 days, even without showering. I haven't tried this yet and don't think I will! But many testimonials on the website say this is true. Anyway, it comes in a liquid form. Simply shake and spray. I still get dampness under my arms, but have not experienced any stink or stench in the week or two that I've been using it. All in all, I am very happy with this purchase. My rash from the previous attempts is fading and I feel good about myself! Dr. Mist also says it can help treat skin conditions like eczema, help speed healing in open wounds, and treat acne! An all around helpful product.

2 comments:

  1. well I am glad the search is over! I do have to admit though, that I burst out laughing at that name! It sounds like cheap-o perfume or something!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Why oh why are we so deodorant challenged???? Minus the rash, I have most of your symptoms and like you, have tried a zillion kinds. If they work initially, they usually stop working soon thereafter for me. Currently using Secret Clinical before I go to bed, as directed, and then reinforce in the morning with Secret Naturals. Oh gottta go! I just remembered that I started the BBQ about 20 minutes ago! Better than last time when I put the chicken on and TOTALLY forgot about it. Not pretty.
    Looking forward to seeing you in July!
    Juliana

    ReplyDelete