17 December 2011

The dreaded staff Christmas party.

I have never been a fan of socializing with the people I work with. I don't go for lunch with other colleagues, I don't text or facebook with them after work hours or on weekends. I like them all well enough, but lets face it. I see them 8 (or more) hours a day, 5 days a week. I really don't want them more than that.

Well, 'tis the season for the dreaded staff Christmas party. In the past, I have definitely been that person who never went to anything. I decided that this year, I would go. Josh and I got dolled up, drove into Dartmouth and were, of course, the first ones there and had to make awkward small talk with the owners of my daycare for about 40 MINUTES while other colleagues arrived. 

The free drinks/appetizers and full on meal were appreciated, although the group games (complete with the drunk owners yelling instructions through a microphone) were not. Also, I did love getting a Christmas card from said owners with $10 in it, "a token of our (the owners') love".

All in all, I (we) did it, it was not horrible, and I was home and in bed by 10:15. Until next year.

Ready to go.

Our tree!
Josh & a really big chunk of PB/mallow bar.

4 comments:

  1. You guys are great. Good for you for going - I don't want to go to mine either, but feel obligated. Plus, I am hoping for a Christmas bonus and I think if there are any they will be handed out at the staff party. Also, I like your top. And your tree. And, Josh eating that thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:49 PM

    Hi Leah! I agree, you guys are great! Wow! $10 whole dollars.......plus the meal of course! Was it good? I was surprised about the games though....I love what I see of your top. So you decided to keep it? Your tree looks great. A sight better than our anorexic one!!! hehehe
    love you to bits, you know it.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary11:50 PM

    I am definitely the opposite! I love parties and my work people, and we do text and hang out outside of work. But whatever works for you works for me! You look lovely and I am glad you posted again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah...you're smokin hot.

    ReplyDelete

17 December 2011

The dreaded staff Christmas party.

I have never been a fan of socializing with the people I work with. I don't go for lunch with other colleagues, I don't text or facebook with them after work hours or on weekends. I like them all well enough, but lets face it. I see them 8 (or more) hours a day, 5 days a week. I really don't want them more than that.

Well, 'tis the season for the dreaded staff Christmas party. In the past, I have definitely been that person who never went to anything. I decided that this year, I would go. Josh and I got dolled up, drove into Dartmouth and were, of course, the first ones there and had to make awkward small talk with the owners of my daycare for about 40 MINUTES while other colleagues arrived. 

The free drinks/appetizers and full on meal were appreciated, although the group games (complete with the drunk owners yelling instructions through a microphone) were not. Also, I did love getting a Christmas card from said owners with $10 in it, "a token of our (the owners') love".

All in all, I (we) did it, it was not horrible, and I was home and in bed by 10:15. Until next year.

Ready to go.

Our tree!
Josh & a really big chunk of PB/mallow bar.

4 comments:

  1. You guys are great. Good for you for going - I don't want to go to mine either, but feel obligated. Plus, I am hoping for a Christmas bonus and I think if there are any they will be handed out at the staff party. Also, I like your top. And your tree. And, Josh eating that thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:49 PM

    Hi Leah! I agree, you guys are great! Wow! $10 whole dollars.......plus the meal of course! Was it good? I was surprised about the games though....I love what I see of your top. So you decided to keep it? Your tree looks great. A sight better than our anorexic one!!! hehehe
    love you to bits, you know it.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary11:50 PM

    I am definitely the opposite! I love parties and my work people, and we do text and hang out outside of work. But whatever works for you works for me! You look lovely and I am glad you posted again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah...you're smokin hot.

    ReplyDelete