And now for baby news: most of you know that I've had pregnancy induced high blood pressure and have been on medication since December. In the last few weeks, my BP has been going up and about 2 weeks ago my OB put me off work on sick leave. She also upped my current medication and added a new pill to the mix to try and bring it down. Anyway, this past Friday I had an ultrasound and we found out that Spartacus is quite small, only 4 pounds. This is apparently due to the high blood pressure, which causes a lack of blood flow through the placenta, making the baby small. So. That being said, on June 8 I have another ultrasound where they will measure his/her weight and growth. If Sparty hasn't grown in this 2 week period, my OB may make the decision to induce labour/do a c-section. If he doesn't grow, it means he's better out than in, hence the early delivery. The goal is for me to get to 36 weeks (June 15), which would make Sparty 4 weeks early. So right now there is nothing set in stone as my OB is just waiting to see how Sparty does and we're just playing everything by ear, which is frustrating and annoying! I want to know!! I am nervous about having a premature baby, but my doctor tells me he is totally healthy and everything, just a bit small, so I know he will be OK when he's born. I did have 2 steroid shots (in my bum!) to help with lung development, so that will help if he does come this early. The bonus of this situation is that my mom is coming, probably around June 15 (her birthday!), as I'll probably end up having a c-section and will need some Momma lovin' from her. So seeing her in June is very exciting, and then she and my dad will come again in August. So that's the news - it's pretty overwhelming to all of a sudden be having a baby in 3 weeks (probably less) instead of 7, but I know that God has got it under control and I'm trusting in Him and the knowledge and expertise of my doctor (who is amazing). The good news is that we get to meet our little baby sooner rather than later!
Moving on to being crafty: I found this picture on Pinterest and thought it was something that even I could do! I bought a canvas from Michael's and some craft paint from Dollarama, and went to town. We're going to do monthly footprints for a year and hang it above the crib. I think it's a really cute idea! I should take some more pictures of the baby's room, as some things have changed and we've added a dresser. I shall try to do that this week.





Oh yes, can't wait to meet that little itty bitty baby! Take it easy, rest, andn above all, hear what God says: DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU. What a beautiful promise that is.
ReplyDeletelove you, see you soon
mom
Hey Leah! Everything will be just fine, you will have a healthy baby and that is exactly what you want. You guys will be awsome parents and with the help of your mom being there you can rest and recover. I can't wait to hear the news and see how cute your little babe is!!! XOXO
ReplyDeleteLeah! I'm so glad you shared this news :) I will be praying for you 2 and soon incoming Spartacus. Though overwhelmingly sooner than expected it will be OH so joyful to hold him/her! I am SQUEALING for joy for you two! Yeah Babies!
ReplyDeleteoh my! what a whirlwind!
ReplyDeleteboth my girls were born a little early and both are TOTALLY fine.
but i do know the fears! it is scary and a c-section is not such a funny thing, right?!
june 8th supposed to be your lucky day!
and you know what? small babies are cute :)
get rest and feel well!!
sending some love!
leslie
thinking about you 3 today!
ReplyDeletesending lots of strength, hope and courage for the right decisions:)
love you!
leslie