Tonight I made a naked burrito for supper - I have no idea why it's naked! Maybe because it's meatless? Anyway, it's an easy and yummy weeknight supper.
The Naked Burrito
1 T oil
1 diced onion
1-2 chopped peppers
1 t minced garlic
3 or 4 chopped mushrooms
1 can kernel corn
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup salsa
3/4 jar chili sauce (or as needed)
Saute all veggies and beans in the oil, add rice once cooked. Stir in salsa and chili sauce, just enough for the veggies and rice to stick together.
Serve in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
06 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
06 November 2012
The Naked Burrito
Tonight I made a naked burrito for supper - I have no idea why it's naked! Maybe because it's meatless? Anyway, it's an easy and yummy weeknight supper.
The Naked Burrito
1 T oil
1 diced onion
1-2 chopped peppers
1 t minced garlic
3 or 4 chopped mushrooms
1 can kernel corn
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup salsa
3/4 jar chili sauce (or as needed)
Saute all veggies and beans in the oil, add rice once cooked. Stir in salsa and chili sauce, just enough for the veggies and rice to stick together.
Serve in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
The Naked Burrito
1 T oil
1 diced onion
1-2 chopped peppers
1 t minced garlic
3 or 4 chopped mushrooms
1 can kernel corn
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup salsa
3/4 jar chili sauce (or as needed)
Saute all veggies and beans in the oil, add rice once cooked. Stir in salsa and chili sauce, just enough for the veggies and rice to stick together.
Serve in a wrap with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mmmmm...I remember that recipe...I used to make it at school too. Yummy, yummy.....
ReplyDeleteLeftovers?
mom
Sounds great! I am going to make this next Monday, as we are trying to do "Meatless Mondays" in this house. Not Gerald's idea!! Haha.
ReplyDeleteJulie