21 November 2012

What's for Supper? Spaghetti "Carbonara"

Tonight I made a recipe that we used to eat in Ireland all the time, and hadn't tasted for almost 4 years! It was easy and just as tasty as I remember.

Spaghetti Carbonara

1/2 package bacon
3 eggs
3 T sour cream/plain yogurt
salt and pepper
3 T parmesan cheese
whole wheat spaghetti, cooked

Make it like this:

Boil spaghetti in salted water. Drain.

Meanwhile, chop bacon into small pieces and fry.

Whisk eggs, salt and pepper, sour cream/yogurt and 2 T of parmesan cheese together.

Add cooked spaghetti to bacon, toss with egg mixture and cook over low heat until eggs set.

Top with leftover parmesan cheese.

Yum!

**I had to add a bit of salt to mine, but I tend to like things salty.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:40 PM

    sounds great Leah! I just might try that sometime! Esther Mc

    ReplyDelete

21 November 2012

What's for Supper? Spaghetti "Carbonara"

Tonight I made a recipe that we used to eat in Ireland all the time, and hadn't tasted for almost 4 years! It was easy and just as tasty as I remember.

Spaghetti Carbonara

1/2 package bacon
3 eggs
3 T sour cream/plain yogurt
salt and pepper
3 T parmesan cheese
whole wheat spaghetti, cooked

Make it like this:

Boil spaghetti in salted water. Drain.

Meanwhile, chop bacon into small pieces and fry.

Whisk eggs, salt and pepper, sour cream/yogurt and 2 T of parmesan cheese together.

Add cooked spaghetti to bacon, toss with egg mixture and cook over low heat until eggs set.

Top with leftover parmesan cheese.

Yum!

**I had to add a bit of salt to mine, but I tend to like things salty.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:40 PM

    sounds great Leah! I just might try that sometime! Esther Mc

    ReplyDelete