29 April 2013
Meal Plan Monday
Last night I was talking to one of my good friends and we were talking about meal planning and how much I love it. I LOVE MEAL PLANNING. Planning my suppers, checking out the flyers and making my grocery list is one of the highlights of my week (is that depressing? Maybe). I LOVE knowing what's for supper every night. I HATE staring into the fridge at 5:00 and wondering what to make. I LOVE having every ingredient on hand to make what I want. Plus, I think it helps me stay on budget at the grocery store. I go with my list and I rarely deviate from it.
Here's whats for supper this week:
Monday: Sloppy Joe Squares, salad (find the recipe here)
Tuesday: Roasted Ranch Potatoes, pork chops, creamed corn (which I love but never serve. Today's the today people. Today's the day). (find the potato recipe here)
Wednesday: Oven Tacos (taco recipe here)
**side note: I never know what to serve with tacos. Sometimes the taco just isn't enough. I want something else. Ideas?
Thursday: leftovers. We have small group on Thursdays, so those nights tend to be rushed and we usually just end up eating what's in the fridge, or having a piece of toast, etc. There's usually snack at small group so we can fill up then if necessary!
Friday: lasagna, salad (I use my mom's recipe and it's just oh so good)
Saturday: pizza
Sunday: Cheesy Spaghetti Squash boats with chicken, salad (spag squash recipe here)
Also, for lunch this week I'm making a Quinoa Greek Salad (recipe here).
Happy planning!
Here's whats for supper this week:
Monday: Sloppy Joe Squares, salad (find the recipe here)
Tuesday: Roasted Ranch Potatoes, pork chops, creamed corn (which I love but never serve. Today's the today people. Today's the day). (find the potato recipe here)
Wednesday: Oven Tacos (taco recipe here)
**side note: I never know what to serve with tacos. Sometimes the taco just isn't enough. I want something else. Ideas?
Thursday: leftovers. We have small group on Thursdays, so those nights tend to be rushed and we usually just end up eating what's in the fridge, or having a piece of toast, etc. There's usually snack at small group so we can fill up then if necessary!
Friday: lasagna, salad (I use my mom's recipe and it's just oh so good)
Saturday: pizza
Sunday: Cheesy Spaghetti Squash boats with chicken, salad (spag squash recipe here)
Also, for lunch this week I'm making a Quinoa Greek Salad (recipe here).
Happy planning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
29 April 2013
Meal Plan Monday
Last night I was talking to one of my good friends and we were talking about meal planning and how much I love it. I LOVE MEAL PLANNING. Planning my suppers, checking out the flyers and making my grocery list is one of the highlights of my week (is that depressing? Maybe). I LOVE knowing what's for supper every night. I HATE staring into the fridge at 5:00 and wondering what to make. I LOVE having every ingredient on hand to make what I want. Plus, I think it helps me stay on budget at the grocery store. I go with my list and I rarely deviate from it.
Here's whats for supper this week:
Monday: Sloppy Joe Squares, salad (find the recipe here)
Tuesday: Roasted Ranch Potatoes, pork chops, creamed corn (which I love but never serve. Today's the today people. Today's the day). (find the potato recipe here)
Wednesday: Oven Tacos (taco recipe here)
**side note: I never know what to serve with tacos. Sometimes the taco just isn't enough. I want something else. Ideas?
Thursday: leftovers. We have small group on Thursdays, so those nights tend to be rushed and we usually just end up eating what's in the fridge, or having a piece of toast, etc. There's usually snack at small group so we can fill up then if necessary!
Friday: lasagna, salad (I use my mom's recipe and it's just oh so good)
Saturday: pizza
Sunday: Cheesy Spaghetti Squash boats with chicken, salad (spag squash recipe here)
Also, for lunch this week I'm making a Quinoa Greek Salad (recipe here).
Happy planning!
Here's whats for supper this week:
Monday: Sloppy Joe Squares, salad (find the recipe here)
Tuesday: Roasted Ranch Potatoes, pork chops, creamed corn (which I love but never serve. Today's the today people. Today's the day). (find the potato recipe here)
Wednesday: Oven Tacos (taco recipe here)
**side note: I never know what to serve with tacos. Sometimes the taco just isn't enough. I want something else. Ideas?
Thursday: leftovers. We have small group on Thursdays, so those nights tend to be rushed and we usually just end up eating what's in the fridge, or having a piece of toast, etc. There's usually snack at small group so we can fill up then if necessary!
Friday: lasagna, salad (I use my mom's recipe and it's just oh so good)
Saturday: pizza
Sunday: Cheesy Spaghetti Squash boats with chicken, salad (spag squash recipe here)
Also, for lunch this week I'm making a Quinoa Greek Salad (recipe here).
Happy planning!
5 comments:


I meal plan too, and sometimes enjoy it and sometimes do not at all. My method is usually to flip through the recipe books/magazines and see what we haven't had in a while, or what looks good. Sometimes I write on my grocery list to buy meat on sale, and then I have something to start with the next week. I always ask Dan for suggestions too, and I allow myself to only plan for about 4 meals. Otherwise it's leftovers, KD, toast & cereal etc or we go out. Also, I've just started this, but we have baked potatoes on Sunday nights. So tasty!
ReplyDelete


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Wish you lived closer cause meal planning/cooking supper is one of the things I dislike the most!! I would do your laundry and you could meal plan/grocery shop for me:)
ReplyDeleteT-dawg
I meal plan too, and sometimes enjoy it and sometimes do not at all. My method is usually to flip through the recipe books/magazines and see what we haven't had in a while, or what looks good. Sometimes I write on my grocery list to buy meat on sale, and then I have something to start with the next week. I always ask Dan for suggestions too, and I allow myself to only plan for about 4 meals. Otherwise it's leftovers, KD, toast & cereal etc or we go out. Also, I've just started this, but we have baked potatoes on Sunday nights. So tasty!
ReplyDeletehi Leah, Sure are missing you and Reid in our house! I love that you love to meal plan, very smart I think. Where did you get that from? Not me, but I guess it is never to late to learn right? I don't have any ideas on what to serve with tacos.....another taco?
ReplyDeletemom
You could serve guacamole with chips with your tacos...probably not the healthiest choice (the chips) but really yummy!
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas. Thanks! I have been known to serve potato wedges or Deed's rice pilaf recipe with tacos.....
ReplyDeleteJulie