31 December 2006

year's end

and so the year has come to a close. some new year "resolutions" - or really just a list of things i'd like to improve on in the coming year.

1) be more classy
2) always be myself (even if that means not being classy!)
3) always buy V-neck shirts (they look best on me)
4) cook more
5) start reading my Bible more
6) read more non-fiction
7) save more money
8) make more time for friends

i've realized almost everything i've written has the word "more" in it. why is more always better? what about less? what about watching less TV, or gossiping less, or judging others less, or critiquing less? i think less is often more.

what do you want more or less of?

happy new year.

7 comments:

  1. Once again you've inspired me...and I will be posting not merely new years resolutions, but actual things that I want to accomplish within the next year...I think that will help me actually do them - rather than the usuals like lose weight, eat healthier, more God time....and then list goes on, haa haa. Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Just curious - what kind of steps might one take if they wish to be more classy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:29 PM

    To become more classy = purchase something that you normally won't wear but you like and then you MUST wear it and dazzle your friends? Would that count? Hi Leah, I like your list. I don't know what should be 'more' or 'less' of stuff but just do what you can in 2007. Love Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy is when you wear a scarf swept around your head, with big sunglasses and drive a red little convertable. Then when you drive, your scarf trails behind in the wind. And that my friend is classy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:34 PM

    i love your list, honey!!! i guess i should make one for me as well....
    love!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lea!!!
    Ok...have you ever watched THE HOUR? with george stromofjdksaj;fljdsagus? Friggin good...since you always give me great show tips, I'd recommend it to you!
    I Liiiiike you

    ReplyDelete

31 December 2006

year's end

and so the year has come to a close. some new year "resolutions" - or really just a list of things i'd like to improve on in the coming year.

1) be more classy
2) always be myself (even if that means not being classy!)
3) always buy V-neck shirts (they look best on me)
4) cook more
5) start reading my Bible more
6) read more non-fiction
7) save more money
8) make more time for friends

i've realized almost everything i've written has the word "more" in it. why is more always better? what about less? what about watching less TV, or gossiping less, or judging others less, or critiquing less? i think less is often more.

what do you want more or less of?

happy new year.

7 comments:

  1. Once again you've inspired me...and I will be posting not merely new years resolutions, but actual things that I want to accomplish within the next year...I think that will help me actually do them - rather than the usuals like lose weight, eat healthier, more God time....and then list goes on, haa haa. Happy New Year friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:25 PM

    Just curious - what kind of steps might one take if they wish to be more classy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:29 PM

    To become more classy = purchase something that you normally won't wear but you like and then you MUST wear it and dazzle your friends? Would that count? Hi Leah, I like your list. I don't know what should be 'more' or 'less' of stuff but just do what you can in 2007. Love Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy is when you wear a scarf swept around your head, with big sunglasses and drive a red little convertable. Then when you drive, your scarf trails behind in the wind. And that my friend is classy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:34 PM

    i love your list, honey!!! i guess i should make one for me as well....
    love!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lea!!!
    Ok...have you ever watched THE HOUR? with george stromofjdksaj;fljdsagus? Friggin good...since you always give me great show tips, I'd recommend it to you!
    I Liiiiike you

    ReplyDelete