08 April 2007

easter essentials

1. making the drive to Boissevain while balancing a Banana Cream pie and whipped cream on your lap - all the while trying to prevent your leg from burning from the Crock-Pot on the seat next to you.

2. being greeted by a deliciously cute girl (Gabby) who proudly states that she has a tattoo and she has colored her belly-button blue (which she proceeds to show you). throughout the evening she also shows you the easter eggs she has colored, and tells you that her nursery school teacher's name is Mrs. Beard and that she does indeed have a beard.

3. going through the buffet line and having Jason meet you coming the opposite way in the line. of course, HIS way is the right way.

4. having the "littles" chase each other around the house, trying to perform some kind of dance/routine (sound familiar??), only have Kazan, the lone boy cousin, try desperately to escape their grasp.

5. to pose for numerous pictures for Auntie Deed, whose camera is never far from her reach. and of course taking unflattering pictures of cousins and aunties and having a good laugh at them.

6. to have Tim/Mick/Marc tell you how stupid having a blog is. to have Jason tell you he actually reads your blog, but that Erica's is actually the funniest of them all, because of her Shopper's Drug Mart stories. but it still makes you feel good that one of your big cousins actually checks this boring account of your life.

7. to talk very loud, and then proceed to talk louder to be heard over the other people all trying to talk loud to be heard over you.

8. to be very hot and wishing you had worn short sleeves. for having so many auntie's with hot flashes, you'd think a window could have been opened.

9. to sing "The Doxology" twice because Gabby insisted on it.

10. to be together.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Aw, sounds like you had a fantastic Easter. I'm going to call you very soon - maybe later tonight (Sunday?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    i love it!! and i definately want to meet your family one day!
    miss you a lot!
    have a happy easter!
    all my love
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Man,
    I wish I was there. And if the boy cousin's think our blogs are stupid, why do they keep reading them??
    Glad you had a fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great description Leah...I could picture it all and I felt like I was there!! And I sure would have liked to be! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Thank you Leah that was a wonderful rendition of the Easter celebrations with family. I could picture it all, it made me smile and cry a little too.
    I love you and all your cousins, including the boy cousins that think blogs are stupid! Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post my friend - I love our family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Ah yes, well said Leah. Spot on with everything. And yes, why didn't you suggest to open a window? Oh, I just remembered, we were trying to keep the sun out of Tim's face!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Basically; I think you're beautiful... especially the wise and wonderful way with which you look at life and live it out. Much love my sweet, sweet heide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Aww, Leah, I miss you! I just stumbled across your blog. Love it. You totally crack me up.

    ReplyDelete

08 April 2007

easter essentials

1. making the drive to Boissevain while balancing a Banana Cream pie and whipped cream on your lap - all the while trying to prevent your leg from burning from the Crock-Pot on the seat next to you.

2. being greeted by a deliciously cute girl (Gabby) who proudly states that she has a tattoo and she has colored her belly-button blue (which she proceeds to show you). throughout the evening she also shows you the easter eggs she has colored, and tells you that her nursery school teacher's name is Mrs. Beard and that she does indeed have a beard.

3. going through the buffet line and having Jason meet you coming the opposite way in the line. of course, HIS way is the right way.

4. having the "littles" chase each other around the house, trying to perform some kind of dance/routine (sound familiar??), only have Kazan, the lone boy cousin, try desperately to escape their grasp.

5. to pose for numerous pictures for Auntie Deed, whose camera is never far from her reach. and of course taking unflattering pictures of cousins and aunties and having a good laugh at them.

6. to have Tim/Mick/Marc tell you how stupid having a blog is. to have Jason tell you he actually reads your blog, but that Erica's is actually the funniest of them all, because of her Shopper's Drug Mart stories. but it still makes you feel good that one of your big cousins actually checks this boring account of your life.

7. to talk very loud, and then proceed to talk louder to be heard over the other people all trying to talk loud to be heard over you.

8. to be very hot and wishing you had worn short sleeves. for having so many auntie's with hot flashes, you'd think a window could have been opened.

9. to sing "The Doxology" twice because Gabby insisted on it.

10. to be together.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Aw, sounds like you had a fantastic Easter. I'm going to call you very soon - maybe later tonight (Sunday?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:25 AM

    i love it!! and i definately want to meet your family one day!
    miss you a lot!
    have a happy easter!
    all my love
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Man,
    I wish I was there. And if the boy cousin's think our blogs are stupid, why do they keep reading them??
    Glad you had a fun Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a great description Leah...I could picture it all and I felt like I was there!! And I sure would have liked to be! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Thank you Leah that was a wonderful rendition of the Easter celebrations with family. I could picture it all, it made me smile and cry a little too.
    I love you and all your cousins, including the boy cousins that think blogs are stupid! Auntie Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent post my friend - I love our family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:27 AM

    Ah yes, well said Leah. Spot on with everything. And yes, why didn't you suggest to open a window? Oh, I just remembered, we were trying to keep the sun out of Tim's face!!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Basically; I think you're beautiful... especially the wise and wonderful way with which you look at life and live it out. Much love my sweet, sweet heide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Aww, Leah, I miss you! I just stumbled across your blog. Love it. You totally crack me up.

    ReplyDelete