05 August 2007

2 weeks and counting...



today marks the 2 week point until i leave for Belfast! that's right, 2 weeks from today I will be driving into Winnipeg, saying goodbye to the Fam and saying hello to Europe! i am quite excited and of course a bit nervous, but am quite looking forward to meeting Neil and Joanne and their girls Caitlin and Lauren. i can't wait to see my room, the house where i'll be living and the city that i'll call home for the next year...or longer?? who knows! anyhow, i'm done work on the 10th, so i will be glad for that.

in other news, i've bought a laptop! it's a Toshiba. that's about all i know about it! clarke picked it out for me and i went with it, seeing as i trust his computer skills much more than i trust mine. so far it's working well. it has Windows Vista on it, which is quite a bit different that Windows XP, so that will take some time to get familiar with. i'm in the process now of importing all of my CD's into iTunes, as my laptop will serve as my stereo while i'm in Belfast. here are some pictures taken on the webcam on my laptop!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    i can't believe it's only 2 weeks, Leah!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:33 AM

    10 days to go!!!!! YEAH!!!!!so excited for you, hon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be grand if you came to visit me before you left for belfast...or maybe I should come and visit you once you are there.
    Oh, and thanks for the photos in the mail. Made me laugh and wonder why the heck no one told me I looked the way I did.

    ReplyDelete

05 August 2007

2 weeks and counting...



today marks the 2 week point until i leave for Belfast! that's right, 2 weeks from today I will be driving into Winnipeg, saying goodbye to the Fam and saying hello to Europe! i am quite excited and of course a bit nervous, but am quite looking forward to meeting Neil and Joanne and their girls Caitlin and Lauren. i can't wait to see my room, the house where i'll be living and the city that i'll call home for the next year...or longer?? who knows! anyhow, i'm done work on the 10th, so i will be glad for that.

in other news, i've bought a laptop! it's a Toshiba. that's about all i know about it! clarke picked it out for me and i went with it, seeing as i trust his computer skills much more than i trust mine. so far it's working well. it has Windows Vista on it, which is quite a bit different that Windows XP, so that will take some time to get familiar with. i'm in the process now of importing all of my CD's into iTunes, as my laptop will serve as my stereo while i'm in Belfast. here are some pictures taken on the webcam on my laptop!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:56 PM

    i can't believe it's only 2 weeks, Leah!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:33 AM

    10 days to go!!!!! YEAH!!!!!so excited for you, hon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be grand if you came to visit me before you left for belfast...or maybe I should come and visit you once you are there.
    Oh, and thanks for the photos in the mail. Made me laugh and wonder why the heck no one told me I looked the way I did.

    ReplyDelete