04 January 2008

it WAS christmas in killarney!

yes, i am aware that it's already January 4th. Happy New Year! i spent New Year's Eve playing "Guitar Hero" (a video game) where you have to try and play the song on the screen. i was actually very very good. better than clarke, anyway!

christmas in killarney was cold and snowy and wonderful. we played and did puzzles. ate and drank chocolate milk. played games...Apples to Apples, Clue, Double Series. we watched "national lampoon's christmas vacation" and laughed till our stomach's hurt. we celebrated amy and donny's engagement and enjoyed the one day we had we clarke and alison before they headed to saskatoon. we took pictures and looked through Avon brochures.

it was a wonderful, wonderful 10 days...which actually stretched into 10 days + 1 bonus day for mom and me. my flight was cancelled out of winnipeg, which caused me to miss all of my other flights, so i was put up in a hotel for 2 nights and had all my meals paid for. mom came back into winnipeg on wednesday to spend the day and night, and to see me off on thursday morning. we had a fun shopping day (she bought a red chair), we walked out of a movie ("National Treasure 2" - BORING), we slept in a king sized bed!

now it's friday and i'm back in N. Ireland and it's pretty good, but it's hard not to compare how i feel at home to how i feel here. guess that's normal. it'll be good to get back into routine and normalcy.

it was good to be home.

our christmas...alison opened a bottle of lotion and it squirted up her nose...we refer to it as the "albino booger".

the boys in their new Carhartt jackets, dad in a snowmobiling mask, the girls in our new pashmina's, mom in her new dressing gown.

amy and i on a trip to Rolla...beautiful hoar frost on the trees and beautiful girls in the car!

mom's new red chair, our little red house, me and a big king sized bed in my hotel room in winnipeg!

7 comments:

  1. Leah. First off, you look HOT!
    Secondly, you have a nice little family.
    Thirdly, I LOVE that chair.
    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fantastic! glad you had a good time at home Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Oh Leah I love the pictures. Your Mom got a new chair and she didn't even tell me??? I'll have to have a word with her! The chair is lovely.
    I agree with commenter #1, you do look HOT!
    I love those pashmina's, great colours.
    The men in the family look pretty great too.
    Hey when your mom sits in her new red chair wearing her new red dressing gown, will she vanish?
    Okay I better stop now before.....:)
    Lots of love, auntie barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear you had a good time and got a chance to come home for christmas. There is nothing better then family. The pictures look great, you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:13 AM

    so good to see you sooo happy on this pics!!
    sorry, i didn´t write you for such a long time, but will do it very soon!! promised!
    love
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Hi Leah, well I guess the new red chair is no longer a secret!! Not that it was in the first place. I can hardly describe how happy I was for both you and me to enjoy our day in Wpg! What a delight for me anyway! Thanks for all you help with the shopping - I wore my new grey sweater on Sunday. Dad wass quite fine with the red chair purchase and I can hardly wait till it comes! We took the old one right out as it had lost it's guts anyway!
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. leah - how relieved were you when TK & Rachel weren't eliminated??? Can't wait for Sunday!! Wish you could watch with me!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete

04 January 2008

it WAS christmas in killarney!

yes, i am aware that it's already January 4th. Happy New Year! i spent New Year's Eve playing "Guitar Hero" (a video game) where you have to try and play the song on the screen. i was actually very very good. better than clarke, anyway!

christmas in killarney was cold and snowy and wonderful. we played and did puzzles. ate and drank chocolate milk. played games...Apples to Apples, Clue, Double Series. we watched "national lampoon's christmas vacation" and laughed till our stomach's hurt. we celebrated amy and donny's engagement and enjoyed the one day we had we clarke and alison before they headed to saskatoon. we took pictures and looked through Avon brochures.

it was a wonderful, wonderful 10 days...which actually stretched into 10 days + 1 bonus day for mom and me. my flight was cancelled out of winnipeg, which caused me to miss all of my other flights, so i was put up in a hotel for 2 nights and had all my meals paid for. mom came back into winnipeg on wednesday to spend the day and night, and to see me off on thursday morning. we had a fun shopping day (she bought a red chair), we walked out of a movie ("National Treasure 2" - BORING), we slept in a king sized bed!

now it's friday and i'm back in N. Ireland and it's pretty good, but it's hard not to compare how i feel at home to how i feel here. guess that's normal. it'll be good to get back into routine and normalcy.

it was good to be home.

our christmas...alison opened a bottle of lotion and it squirted up her nose...we refer to it as the "albino booger".

the boys in their new Carhartt jackets, dad in a snowmobiling mask, the girls in our new pashmina's, mom in her new dressing gown.

amy and i on a trip to Rolla...beautiful hoar frost on the trees and beautiful girls in the car!

mom's new red chair, our little red house, me and a big king sized bed in my hotel room in winnipeg!

7 comments:

  1. Leah. First off, you look HOT!
    Secondly, you have a nice little family.
    Thirdly, I LOVE that chair.
    Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks fantastic! glad you had a good time at home Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:49 PM

    Oh Leah I love the pictures. Your Mom got a new chair and she didn't even tell me??? I'll have to have a word with her! The chair is lovely.
    I agree with commenter #1, you do look HOT!
    I love those pashmina's, great colours.
    The men in the family look pretty great too.
    Hey when your mom sits in her new red chair wearing her new red dressing gown, will she vanish?
    Okay I better stop now before.....:)
    Lots of love, auntie barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear you had a good time and got a chance to come home for christmas. There is nothing better then family. The pictures look great, you look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:13 AM

    so good to see you sooo happy on this pics!!
    sorry, i didn´t write you for such a long time, but will do it very soon!! promised!
    love
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Hi Leah, well I guess the new red chair is no longer a secret!! Not that it was in the first place. I can hardly describe how happy I was for both you and me to enjoy our day in Wpg! What a delight for me anyway! Thanks for all you help with the shopping - I wore my new grey sweater on Sunday. Dad wass quite fine with the red chair purchase and I can hardly wait till it comes! We took the old one right out as it had lost it's guts anyway!
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. leah - how relieved were you when TK & Rachel weren't eliminated??? Can't wait for Sunday!! Wish you could watch with me!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete