the weather is starting to warm up, and the girls and i go outside and laze about in the sun. they run around picking dandylions and getting on and off the trampoline. they put on routines and shows for me, doing tricks and tumbles they've learned in gymnastics. we go out for ice cream and leave with sticky hands and sprinkles sticking to our faces! (not so much me, of course!)
when i'm not with the girls, i try to see friends from church...going for lunch, out for breakfast, shopping for shoes. my friends who took me out for breakfast were quite impressed with themselves because the cafe where we went offered real maple syrup with their (store bought) pancakes! and indeed, it was a real treat...Aunt Jemima is not something commonly found on the grocery store shelf. it was nice to have a little taste of home...funny how something as simple as maple syrup can make you long for all things Canadian!
last week i had some friends over for dinner! i made them Sloppy Joes, something they haven't heard about, and something i've been promising them for a while now! the elegant meal that is Sloppy Joes was a huge hit, as was the strawberry cheesecake (gran's recipe) that i made for dessert. it was a gift for me to be able to show some hospitality for once...since i've been here it's been other people making me feel welcome, it was a wonderful feeling to be able to do the same.
life in Northern Ireland continues to be an experience. time has flown by...it feels like i blinked in November and when i opened my eyes again, it was May. it is both scary and relieving to know that my time here is going by so quickly. on the days where the girls are driving me crazy, i am SO happy that it is already May! but on the days where i am having fun and the girls and i are enjoying each other, or i'm with friends, or when i'm driving along, and seeing lush green pasture that can only be found in Ireland...then i get a bit scared. a bit nervous. then i try to hold onto each second and make it last as long as i can. but the clock continues to tick on.
for those of you who wish to see my beautiful face...




I always want to see your beautiful face! Thanks for the update...I have been waiting (im)patiently!
ReplyDeleteYes, enjoy every minute! Can I come for supper sometime? Thanks that would be great.
Love you!
Me too! I wanna see your face! I was so excited to see a new post today. Your reading faithful need you to update more often!! You sound like you are just drinking it all in....... Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteJulie
I share the same sentiment with a new post. You look great, and it sounds like your adventure is great too.
ReplyDeleteDelightful! Not just the post but the pleasure of seeing your beautiful face!
ReplyDeletePeace and blessings to you today in Ireland. Love, auntie barb
I haven't commented on here lately...and i do check it often, so i thought i would leave my mark. You're looking great Leah!! It's always nice to hear what you're up to...enjoy it!!
ReplyDeletelove ya.
Indeed, it is a very beautiful face!! Leah, it sounds like you are having a wonderful spring. I hope that these last few months for you will not go too fast and that they are very memorable. I hope to see you this summer. Yay weddings! Take care.
ReplyDeleteLove Amanda Pauls
HI Leah, of course, I love to see your face, but can always see it in my mind's eye! You sound great, look great and am so blessed that you are being blessed - by friends, children and God's green earth! Enjoy each moment as it comes.
ReplyDeletelove you
mom
i like the new look....
ReplyDeleteof the blog, i mean.
ReplyDelete