06 July 2008

bob and rose visit ireland!


Mom posing for a photo during our drive up the north coast.


Mom & I, on the coast.


Dad, Mom and I at the Glenoe waterfall.


Mom, Dad and I at Dunluce Castle.

A truly boring title for a truly exciting week!

Mom & Dad arrived on Friday, June 27. The week was full of exciting events...visiting castles, driving up the coast, hiking to a hidden waterfall, eating in random roadside diners, driving the car on the beach right next to the Atlantic ocean, discovering how they make the famous Bushmill's Whiskey, and trying to enjoy our free samples of it (yuck), buying pottery (and trying not to break it), eating fish'n'chips, taking city bus tours of Glasgow and Belfast, watching the rain, enjoying one and a half days of sunshine, taking ferry boat rides to Scotland, seeing Irish dancing, meeting my friends, walking over a very high rope bridge (80 feet above the ground), playing Travel Scrabble, exploring a 2,000 year old stone "fortress", driving the roads of Northern Ireland, eating, drinking, and being merry.

Now it is Sunday, July 6 and Mom & Dad are on their way back home to Canada. We had a great 10 days together and I'm so honoured and pleased that they took the time and money to travel all the way here to visit me.

Tomorrow, July 7, Monday, I am off to Paris to meet up with my friends Donovan and Traci. We'll be there until July 11, Friday, when Traci and Donovan return to Canada and I return to Belfast to finish up my last month here in Northern Ireland. I am already dreading having to leave here. It will be very difficult to return home, although joyous as well. It is very much a bittersweet event.



Dad and I inside the 2,000 year old fortress.


Mom and Dad at Carrickfergus Castle.


Mom and I on the city bus tour, Glasgow, Scotland.


Dad, Mom & I after we crossed the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Cool! Cool! Cool!
    Oh man you guys had a blast I can just tell by everything you posted and the great pictures! All three of you look great and I love each of you. I'm thrilled that you had a grand time with each other.
    Loving you and excited to see you in August! auntie barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Leah!! It looks so beautiful there. Enjoy your last month, and I can't wait to see you in August!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh B&R...love that one of Bobby at Dunluce castle...
    So glad you got to have fun with your m&d - looks like you enjoyed each other and did the usual walk around look around, which is always enjoyable!
    Have a ball in Paris!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. And Leah, you look fabulous. Enjoy your last few weeks in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Hi leah, can hardly believe that we are home again, missing you already, missing Ireland and Caledonia :(.
    But anyway, such is life.....But our pics are great! Guess you did that yesterday when we were on our way home eh? Thanks for picking the best ones of me!!!hehehe you know what I mean!
    Can we do that all over again? Loved it and love you. However will you come back to Canada?
    Have fun in Paris - remember the buddy system ok?
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I June it was Guinness, In July Bushmills, in August it will be Killarney Lake water. All Irish liquids, and they will probably taste alike!
    Unca Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah for visitors...isn't it so fun to show your world to someone from home!! looks like you had a great time! enjoy your last month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:07 PM

    Hmm.... I am sort of speechless......It just makes me happy to see how happy you three look...
    love,
    julie

    ReplyDelete

06 July 2008

bob and rose visit ireland!


Mom posing for a photo during our drive up the north coast.


Mom & I, on the coast.


Dad, Mom and I at the Glenoe waterfall.


Mom, Dad and I at Dunluce Castle.

A truly boring title for a truly exciting week!

Mom & Dad arrived on Friday, June 27. The week was full of exciting events...visiting castles, driving up the coast, hiking to a hidden waterfall, eating in random roadside diners, driving the car on the beach right next to the Atlantic ocean, discovering how they make the famous Bushmill's Whiskey, and trying to enjoy our free samples of it (yuck), buying pottery (and trying not to break it), eating fish'n'chips, taking city bus tours of Glasgow and Belfast, watching the rain, enjoying one and a half days of sunshine, taking ferry boat rides to Scotland, seeing Irish dancing, meeting my friends, walking over a very high rope bridge (80 feet above the ground), playing Travel Scrabble, exploring a 2,000 year old stone "fortress", driving the roads of Northern Ireland, eating, drinking, and being merry.

Now it is Sunday, July 6 and Mom & Dad are on their way back home to Canada. We had a great 10 days together and I'm so honoured and pleased that they took the time and money to travel all the way here to visit me.

Tomorrow, July 7, Monday, I am off to Paris to meet up with my friends Donovan and Traci. We'll be there until July 11, Friday, when Traci and Donovan return to Canada and I return to Belfast to finish up my last month here in Northern Ireland. I am already dreading having to leave here. It will be very difficult to return home, although joyous as well. It is very much a bittersweet event.



Dad and I inside the 2,000 year old fortress.


Mom and Dad at Carrickfergus Castle.


Mom and I on the city bus tour, Glasgow, Scotland.


Dad, Mom & I after we crossed the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:27 PM

    Cool! Cool! Cool!
    Oh man you guys had a blast I can just tell by everything you posted and the great pictures! All three of you look great and I love each of you. I'm thrilled that you had a grand time with each other.
    Loving you and excited to see you in August! auntie barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Leah!! It looks so beautiful there. Enjoy your last month, and I can't wait to see you in August!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh B&R...love that one of Bobby at Dunluce castle...
    So glad you got to have fun with your m&d - looks like you enjoyed each other and did the usual walk around look around, which is always enjoyable!
    Have a ball in Paris!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun. And Leah, you look fabulous. Enjoy your last few weeks in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Hi leah, can hardly believe that we are home again, missing you already, missing Ireland and Caledonia :(.
    But anyway, such is life.....But our pics are great! Guess you did that yesterday when we were on our way home eh? Thanks for picking the best ones of me!!!hehehe you know what I mean!
    Can we do that all over again? Loved it and love you. However will you come back to Canada?
    Have fun in Paris - remember the buddy system ok?
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I June it was Guinness, In July Bushmills, in August it will be Killarney Lake water. All Irish liquids, and they will probably taste alike!
    Unca Ray

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah for visitors...isn't it so fun to show your world to someone from home!! looks like you had a great time! enjoy your last month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:07 PM

    Hmm.... I am sort of speechless......It just makes me happy to see how happy you three look...
    love,
    julie

    ReplyDelete