26 June 2008

little irish girls say the darndest things!

Is "darndest" even a word? Is that how you spell it? I have no idea.

A story about Lauren:

Lauren was trying to roll her inflatable swimming ring in a straight line, but it kept falling down. She whispered, "Help me God," and tried to roll it again. It rolled perfectly. The faith of a child....

A story about Caitlin:

We had just finished reading our 3 Bible stories for the day, and Caitlin understood something quite profound, for one so young. She told me, "God used to talk to people in the Bible in a real voice. But He doesn't really do that nowadays. He talks really quietly, like a whisper. You have to listen really hard to hear him." She didn't say it quite so perfectly, and it took her about 5 minutes to find the words to use, but her understanding of this was pretty amazing.

I figured we could all learn a lesson from my smart little Irish girls.

PS - My parents arrive in Ireland tomorrow morning, and I am SO excited! I'm sure I won't sleep at all tonight...look forward to pictures of their visit in my next post!

4 comments:

  1. nice stories!
    have fun with your m&d!!!!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time with your parents! It's so fun to have company when you're far away! I love how a child's faith is so simple...we could all take a lesson from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey L-Train
    Hope you have a great time with Bob and Rose. Can't wait to see you in Paris in two weeks.
    T-Bone & Donomyte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:00 PM

    have a GREAT time with your parents!!!!
    and enjoy your time off :)
    love you
    leslie

    ReplyDelete

26 June 2008

little irish girls say the darndest things!

Is "darndest" even a word? Is that how you spell it? I have no idea.

A story about Lauren:

Lauren was trying to roll her inflatable swimming ring in a straight line, but it kept falling down. She whispered, "Help me God," and tried to roll it again. It rolled perfectly. The faith of a child....

A story about Caitlin:

We had just finished reading our 3 Bible stories for the day, and Caitlin understood something quite profound, for one so young. She told me, "God used to talk to people in the Bible in a real voice. But He doesn't really do that nowadays. He talks really quietly, like a whisper. You have to listen really hard to hear him." She didn't say it quite so perfectly, and it took her about 5 minutes to find the words to use, but her understanding of this was pretty amazing.

I figured we could all learn a lesson from my smart little Irish girls.

PS - My parents arrive in Ireland tomorrow morning, and I am SO excited! I'm sure I won't sleep at all tonight...look forward to pictures of their visit in my next post!

4 comments:

  1. nice stories!
    have fun with your m&d!!!!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great time with your parents! It's so fun to have company when you're far away! I love how a child's faith is so simple...we could all take a lesson from them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey L-Train
    Hope you have a great time with Bob and Rose. Can't wait to see you in Paris in two weeks.
    T-Bone & Donomyte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:00 PM

    have a GREAT time with your parents!!!!
    and enjoy your time off :)
    love you
    leslie

    ReplyDelete