11 August 2008
home again home again
I have arrived at home safe and sound. All of my flights were perfectly on time (some a little early!) and I heard the pilot and everything was just super. I met up with Uncle Dave and Auntie Lynda in Hamilton airport, so that was very lovely and helped pass the time! Mom and Amy, and Auntie Deedee and Julie met me at the airport so that was a wonderful surprise! We went out for dinner and then headed home, getting into town at 11:30 last night. I had a great sleep in my own bed and today saw my dad and Clarke. Have yet to see my very pregnant sister-in-law Alison, but hope to see her this afternoon sometime.
I have very mixed feelings about being home at this point (even thought it's still early, I know). I was very sad to leave N. Ireland and was in tears on and off the entire flight home. The people I met there and the family I lived with were so special and wonderful, and it's hard to leave that. And it was Ireland for heaven's sake! How sad to leave such a beautiful country. Although I do love the prairies. So, I guess I need to give it a few days/weeks before I start getting into the swing of things again here at home.
I have very mixed feelings about being home at this point (even thought it's still early, I know). I was very sad to leave N. Ireland and was in tears on and off the entire flight home. The people I met there and the family I lived with were so special and wonderful, and it's hard to leave that. And it was Ireland for heaven's sake! How sad to leave such a beautiful country. Although I do love the prairies. So, I guess I need to give it a few days/weeks before I start getting into the swing of things again here at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 August 2008
home again home again
I have arrived at home safe and sound. All of my flights were perfectly on time (some a little early!) and I heard the pilot and everything was just super. I met up with Uncle Dave and Auntie Lynda in Hamilton airport, so that was very lovely and helped pass the time! Mom and Amy, and Auntie Deedee and Julie met me at the airport so that was a wonderful surprise! We went out for dinner and then headed home, getting into town at 11:30 last night. I had a great sleep in my own bed and today saw my dad and Clarke. Have yet to see my very pregnant sister-in-law Alison, but hope to see her this afternoon sometime.
I have very mixed feelings about being home at this point (even thought it's still early, I know). I was very sad to leave N. Ireland and was in tears on and off the entire flight home. The people I met there and the family I lived with were so special and wonderful, and it's hard to leave that. And it was Ireland for heaven's sake! How sad to leave such a beautiful country. Although I do love the prairies. So, I guess I need to give it a few days/weeks before I start getting into the swing of things again here at home.
I have very mixed feelings about being home at this point (even thought it's still early, I know). I was very sad to leave N. Ireland and was in tears on and off the entire flight home. The people I met there and the family I lived with were so special and wonderful, and it's hard to leave that. And it was Ireland for heaven's sake! How sad to leave such a beautiful country. Although I do love the prairies. So, I guess I need to give it a few days/weeks before I start getting into the swing of things again here at home.
8 comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Welcome back to Manitoba, Leah! Glad you made it safe and sound, and especially glad you could hear the pilot!
ReplyDeleteHi Lealas,
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. Well, maybe not entirely because 3 1/2 months isn't really the same as a year. But, yeah, it does take a while to get back into the swing of things. Hope your adjustment goes well and we will see you in 2 weeks!
I don't know what is up with the & in my name. Weird.
ReplyDeletewelcome home! looking forward to seeing you soon!
ReplyDeletethe above comment was from geralyn. as is this one.
ReplyDeleteHI Leah, a thrill to see you debarking and being home! I understand your mass of emotions. But pray that your adjustment will go smoothly and that you are up for what God has planned for you today.
ReplyDeletelove,
mom
Happy Birthday Leah! I hope you have a fun day and remember today is just the first day of the rest of your life! I love you and look forward to seeing you in two weeks! auntie barb
ReplyDeleteHey! You're back! Can't wait to see you in a week!
ReplyDeletelove amanda p