25 July 2010

Beach Day

Yesterday Josh and I drove about half an hour to Oakfield Provincial Park and spent the afternoon in the sun. We were hoping to do some swimming, but the beach was closed due to high bacteria levels in the water. That was disappointing, but we still enjoyed ourselves. I had packed some snacks - muffins, apples and cheese, of course! I am my mother's daughter, after all. We had a fun afternoon together. Also note, I am not naked in these pictures, even though it might look like it.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    HI Leah, good work on your vitamin D manufacturing!! Looks like a lovely spot with green grass, trees and sunshine. so too bad about the water.......you'd think you had been in Killarney!! Good choice of snack too.
    Anyway, we will see you in a few days, can't wait....guess I had better do a few things here at home before you arrive! Sure wish Josh was coming.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog layout.
    wish we could lake it up together sometime...those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Oh the good ol'days of beaching with apples and muffins! Wasn't it great! I think back to those days and am so happy that we took time for fun in the sun. You two look great and would have happily joined in on your picnic. Have fun with M&D and sorry that we can't come too. Much love, ab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Whew... Thanks for clearing up that you weren't naked! Who knows.... it could have been a naked beach, and Josh just wasn't participating!! Killarney Lake definitely should put up some signs as well! The girls went swimming in the green pea soup earlier this week and it took me about half an hour of scrubbing to save the bathing suits from the garbage can..... Looking forward to seeing you next week. Not sure what day I (we) am (are) coming out, but I will talk to your mom regarding your "schedule" and figure it out from there.
    love,
    julie

    ReplyDelete

25 July 2010

Beach Day

Yesterday Josh and I drove about half an hour to Oakfield Provincial Park and spent the afternoon in the sun. We were hoping to do some swimming, but the beach was closed due to high bacteria levels in the water. That was disappointing, but we still enjoyed ourselves. I had packed some snacks - muffins, apples and cheese, of course! I am my mother's daughter, after all. We had a fun afternoon together. Also note, I am not naked in these pictures, even though it might look like it.



4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:21 AM

    HI Leah, good work on your vitamin D manufacturing!! Looks like a lovely spot with green grass, trees and sunshine. so too bad about the water.......you'd think you had been in Killarney!! Good choice of snack too.
    Anyway, we will see you in a few days, can't wait....guess I had better do a few things here at home before you arrive! Sure wish Josh was coming.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog layout.
    wish we could lake it up together sometime...those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Oh the good ol'days of beaching with apples and muffins! Wasn't it great! I think back to those days and am so happy that we took time for fun in the sun. You two look great and would have happily joined in on your picnic. Have fun with M&D and sorry that we can't come too. Much love, ab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Whew... Thanks for clearing up that you weren't naked! Who knows.... it could have been a naked beach, and Josh just wasn't participating!! Killarney Lake definitely should put up some signs as well! The girls went swimming in the green pea soup earlier this week and it took me about half an hour of scrubbing to save the bathing suits from the garbage can..... Looking forward to seeing you next week. Not sure what day I (we) am (are) coming out, but I will talk to your mom regarding your "schedule" and figure it out from there.
    love,
    julie

    ReplyDelete