22 December 2010

Want some free advice?

Last week I had a dermatologist appointment. I'd been waiting for this appointment since March, and since I'd been suffering from ezcema for the last several months, I was very grateful to meet with the dermy and get some good advice from her. And now I shall pass it along to you!

The first thing she told me was to wash my face with this: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream. This is a French cosmetics company and the reason it's so great and recommended by dermy's everywhere is because it is preservative free, as well as being fragrance free. This cost me $23. So far I am LOVING this cleanser. It soaps up very well, removes makeup expertly and leaves me feeling very clean and smooth.



The next step is moisturizer. I bought this: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche Soothing Protective Cream. This was pricier, at $29. A little goes a long way with this one, and I quite like how my skin is feeling, only after 6 days of use. Although these 2 items (cleanser and moisturizer) are more expensive than what I usually use, I am willing to pay the price if I can have clear, irriation-free skin! They certainly seem worth the expense so far.


Moving on to the shower! As a body wash, she recommended Cetaphil Eczema Wash. While I couldn't find that exact one, I bought the regular Cetaphil Wash, which is good for face and body. This doesn't really suds up very well, so sometimes I get the feeling that I'm not very clean, but I do know that suds are just a gimmick. And I like having clear, non-scratchy skin, so I will stick with the Cetaphil! Body stench, be damned! (I am clean, really.) This was $17, but should last a long time.


Lastly, the dermy recommended Eucerin Body Lotion for daily body moisturizing. I really like this lotion...it has made me super smooth...all over. I think this was about $15, but it's a big ol' bottle, so once again, should last a while.


So, there is your free dermatological advice! And you didn't have to wait 9 months for the appointment! Happy scrubbing!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Why, thank you! I shall try some of those goodies for the eczema-stricken child in this house. Nothing else that the doctors suggest have actually worked, so it's worth a try. Where did you get the French named cleanser?

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months is a long time to wait for a doc. you could have had a child in that time!! glad you've been posting again - I am trying to do so more regularily as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 PM

    Oh thank goodnes Leah! Finally some advice that works. I am very happy for you AND your skin and I know that you will be thrilled right down to your third layer of epidermis to finally have lovely looking skin. I am sorry that you will no longer have need of your avon mother to supply you with free goodies! More for me I guess!
    Love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Leah this is great. Sounds like it's working just as the product claims. You will enjoy your lovely clear soft skin.
    love, ab

    ReplyDelete

22 December 2010

Want some free advice?

Last week I had a dermatologist appointment. I'd been waiting for this appointment since March, and since I'd been suffering from ezcema for the last several months, I was very grateful to meet with the dermy and get some good advice from her. And now I shall pass it along to you!

The first thing she told me was to wash my face with this: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream. This is a French cosmetics company and the reason it's so great and recommended by dermy's everywhere is because it is preservative free, as well as being fragrance free. This cost me $23. So far I am LOVING this cleanser. It soaps up very well, removes makeup expertly and leaves me feeling very clean and smooth.



The next step is moisturizer. I bought this: La Roche-Posay Toleriane Riche Soothing Protective Cream. This was pricier, at $29. A little goes a long way with this one, and I quite like how my skin is feeling, only after 6 days of use. Although these 2 items (cleanser and moisturizer) are more expensive than what I usually use, I am willing to pay the price if I can have clear, irriation-free skin! They certainly seem worth the expense so far.


Moving on to the shower! As a body wash, she recommended Cetaphil Eczema Wash. While I couldn't find that exact one, I bought the regular Cetaphil Wash, which is good for face and body. This doesn't really suds up very well, so sometimes I get the feeling that I'm not very clean, but I do know that suds are just a gimmick. And I like having clear, non-scratchy skin, so I will stick with the Cetaphil! Body stench, be damned! (I am clean, really.) This was $17, but should last a long time.


Lastly, the dermy recommended Eucerin Body Lotion for daily body moisturizing. I really like this lotion...it has made me super smooth...all over. I think this was about $15, but it's a big ol' bottle, so once again, should last a while.


So, there is your free dermatological advice! And you didn't have to wait 9 months for the appointment! Happy scrubbing!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:36 PM

    Why, thank you! I shall try some of those goodies for the eczema-stricken child in this house. Nothing else that the doctors suggest have actually worked, so it's worth a try. Where did you get the French named cleanser?

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9 months is a long time to wait for a doc. you could have had a child in that time!! glad you've been posting again - I am trying to do so more regularily as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:40 PM

    Oh thank goodnes Leah! Finally some advice that works. I am very happy for you AND your skin and I know that you will be thrilled right down to your third layer of epidermis to finally have lovely looking skin. I am sorry that you will no longer have need of your avon mother to supply you with free goodies! More for me I guess!
    Love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Leah this is great. Sounds like it's working just as the product claims. You will enjoy your lovely clear soft skin.
    love, ab

    ReplyDelete