29 December 2010

So this is Christmas.

It all started with Christmas Eve. Josh and I went to his aunt and uncles house for a little bit, and then we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church (where we sat in front of 2 frat boys who were texting the whole time).





After the Christmas Eve service, we came home and had our Christmas Eve supper, which consisted of the Oriental Party Pack from M&M Meat Shops, some chicken wings from SuperStore and some mozza sticks, also from M&Ms.



Then came Christmas morning - the most anticipated morning of all time! We opened our stockings...



Some of the gifts I got included:




I also received a KitKat, some Ferrero Rocher, a pair of handmade earrings made from old forks (don't worry, the tines weren't included), and as usual, Josh recorded himself singing (and playing guitar) a song to me! He did this last year as well - it's my most anticipated gift. Last year he sang "Love is All Around" and this year he chose "When You Say Nothing At All".

These are the earrings made from old cutlery! Mine are similar to the pair on the very far left of this picture, just plain silver.



Josh opened his stocking:



He got:



He also got some M&Ms, another t-shirt from Old Navy, some pajama pants, slippers, deodorant, toothpaste and a toothbrush and a new bath puff.

From Mom and Dad, we got some of the following:





We also received some Avon products (naturally), Josh got some John Deere sunglasses, and I got another Tupperware container to add to my collection.

On Christmas Day I made a nice dinner for the two of us: roast beef, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli salad, Oriental salad, cranberry sauce and gravy. It was delightful. And thus ended Christmas Day.

On Boxing Day we went to Bridgewater to Josh's moms house.

There, we received the following:






On Monday, the Boxing Day sales came into effect, and Josh and I took ourselves to Jysk, where we bought this chair for our living room:



Now it is Wednesday and we still have 5 days of vacation left. We are anticipating more sleeping in, more chocolate milk, and most of all, more Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which is what we've been entertaining ourselves with for the last week.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Well, that is a very thorough job of outlining your Christmas festivities! Thank you. Some nice new goodies, I see.... We have just returned home from Killarney, driving through a very dense fog from Pilot Mound on. Eeks! We are bracing for a big storm tonight. Yippee! I will try to get pictures sent your way later today.

    love,
    juliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Haul!!! I am glad you guys have enjoyed your holiday time so far - hope the newxt 5 days can be just as fun! Does Josh have the days off too? We are home now - had a great time, but pleased to sleep in our own bed tonight.
    Oh - also THRILLED to see the H2O mop make an appearance on your "received" list!
    Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Hi Leah, My, what a delightful way to 'show and tell'! I loved the visual aids. Sounds like you have had a nice little break, soon enough life continues. I am most impressed with Josh having the time and space to record a song for you. did I understand that correctly? What a honey!
    Happy New Years! Sure glad that your blog is up and running again.
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Hi Leah,
    Thanks for your lovely show and tell post. It's always fun to hear what Santa gave to others!
    Jan 1 today and I hope you have a wonderful 2011 full of blessings, and love, oh and keep this blog alive because your followers love it and you, of course.
    Loving you, ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:29 AM

    Nice chair!! I was not smart enough to go look at furniture this last week, maybe next year. Also, I just had to say, that I also got the Awkward Family Photos book this year from Geralyn. It has brought lots of laughter to whoever looks at it. Looks like a great Christmas! Happy New Year!!
    Amanda Pauls

    ReplyDelete

29 December 2010

So this is Christmas.

It all started with Christmas Eve. Josh and I went to his aunt and uncles house for a little bit, and then we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church (where we sat in front of 2 frat boys who were texting the whole time).





After the Christmas Eve service, we came home and had our Christmas Eve supper, which consisted of the Oriental Party Pack from M&M Meat Shops, some chicken wings from SuperStore and some mozza sticks, also from M&Ms.



Then came Christmas morning - the most anticipated morning of all time! We opened our stockings...



Some of the gifts I got included:




I also received a KitKat, some Ferrero Rocher, a pair of handmade earrings made from old forks (don't worry, the tines weren't included), and as usual, Josh recorded himself singing (and playing guitar) a song to me! He did this last year as well - it's my most anticipated gift. Last year he sang "Love is All Around" and this year he chose "When You Say Nothing At All".

These are the earrings made from old cutlery! Mine are similar to the pair on the very far left of this picture, just plain silver.



Josh opened his stocking:



He got:



He also got some M&Ms, another t-shirt from Old Navy, some pajama pants, slippers, deodorant, toothpaste and a toothbrush and a new bath puff.

From Mom and Dad, we got some of the following:





We also received some Avon products (naturally), Josh got some John Deere sunglasses, and I got another Tupperware container to add to my collection.

On Christmas Day I made a nice dinner for the two of us: roast beef, mashed potatoes, stuffing, broccoli salad, Oriental salad, cranberry sauce and gravy. It was delightful. And thus ended Christmas Day.

On Boxing Day we went to Bridgewater to Josh's moms house.

There, we received the following:






On Monday, the Boxing Day sales came into effect, and Josh and I took ourselves to Jysk, where we bought this chair for our living room:



Now it is Wednesday and we still have 5 days of vacation left. We are anticipating more sleeping in, more chocolate milk, and most of all, more Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which is what we've been entertaining ourselves with for the last week.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:06 PM

    Well, that is a very thorough job of outlining your Christmas festivities! Thank you. Some nice new goodies, I see.... We have just returned home from Killarney, driving through a very dense fog from Pilot Mound on. Eeks! We are bracing for a big storm tonight. Yippee! I will try to get pictures sent your way later today.

    love,
    juliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Haul!!! I am glad you guys have enjoyed your holiday time so far - hope the newxt 5 days can be just as fun! Does Josh have the days off too? We are home now - had a great time, but pleased to sleep in our own bed tonight.
    Oh - also THRILLED to see the H2O mop make an appearance on your "received" list!
    Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:09 PM

    Hi Leah, My, what a delightful way to 'show and tell'! I loved the visual aids. Sounds like you have had a nice little break, soon enough life continues. I am most impressed with Josh having the time and space to record a song for you. did I understand that correctly? What a honey!
    Happy New Years! Sure glad that your blog is up and running again.
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:15 AM

    Hi Leah,
    Thanks for your lovely show and tell post. It's always fun to hear what Santa gave to others!
    Jan 1 today and I hope you have a wonderful 2011 full of blessings, and love, oh and keep this blog alive because your followers love it and you, of course.
    Loving you, ab

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:29 AM

    Nice chair!! I was not smart enough to go look at furniture this last week, maybe next year. Also, I just had to say, that I also got the Awkward Family Photos book this year from Geralyn. It has brought lots of laughter to whoever looks at it. Looks like a great Christmas! Happy New Year!!
    Amanda Pauls

    ReplyDelete