Baltic Amber is a natural resin. As it warms with the body’s natural temperature, Baltic amber jewelry releases healing oils containing succinic acid which are absorbed into the skin and then into the bloodstream. This acid is beneficial to the human body because it is a natural remedy for pain relief.
From Hazelaid.com:
Commonly known as "teething jewelry" in Europe, Baltic amber has been a natural remedy for pain relief for hundreds of years.
Amber is also known to reduce inflammation of the throat, ear and stomach and to fight irritation, infections and respiratory disease as it dramatically improves the body’s immunity. Natural amber beaded necklaces are a completely non-invasive remedy for side effects associated with teething, such as lack of appetite, redness in the cheeks, swollen gums, diaper rashes, upset tummies, earache, fevers and colds. Baltic amber is also a natural analgesic that will calm your child and is recognized by allopathic medicine specialists as antispasmodic and anti-fever. Many adults report improvement of arthritis discomfort and carpal tunnel pain in their hands when wearing amber on the wrists.
Hazelwood is also an amazing natural product:
Hazelwood products help to create an alkaline environment in your body which may help prevent and appease many of the symptoms caused by acidosis (being too acidic).
The use of hazelwood jewelry originated long ago when Aboriginal people discovered that they could put hazelwood chips on their babies’ necks to soothe teething pains. This lost art was revived only a decade ago when a few companies in Quebec, Canada (where the hazelwood trees grow indigenously) rediscovered the unique properties of hazelwood. Since then hazelwood has grown in popularity as more and more people have experienced its benefits. Most notably, Hazelwood has been able to help many people with skin issues such as eczema, providing a natural alternative to many of the more expensive, intensive, and messy treatments.
Since I have somewhat frequent headaches, and I also suffer from eczema, I bought a Hazelwood-Amber bracelet that looks like this:

You can also buy necklaces/bracelets/anklets with just the Baltic Amber:

Or, just Hazelwood:

Since wearing my bracelet day and night for almost a month now, my headaches have been much less frequent. I also went to the chiropractor before Christmas and will go again soon, so that helps too. I can't say if it has helped my eczema, as I went to the dermatologist last month and got some help medically. But the testimonials on the website are amazing. Many parents buy these products for their teething babies, or babies who are struggling with skin irritations.
Just thought you'd all like to know!




Very interesting! Keep us posted on how you're feeling these next months. Pain relief prescription meds can be so hard on your body, so I'm all for natural relief.
ReplyDeleteInteresting! Nice choice on style - I would wear that just because it's pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove the new look of your blog. Nice work. Thanks for the update on how the bracelet is working. I like the natural side of things and this would make a great gift as well. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletelove you
mom
I used to have this headache magnet that while it looked really stupid, I swear it worked. I lost it though. I say might as well try these things - as long as they are safe. :)
ReplyDelete