18 February 2011

Curly haired girls: Rejoice!

On Wednesday I went to a local beauty supply store, Maritime Beauty, with a friend from work who is also a hair dresser. Thanks to her professional "I'm a hair dresser" ID, I was granted access to the wonderful world of hair products, all at a wholesale price. Total heaven! I was hoping to find a new mousse, and I came home with Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Lightweight Mousse.


I am loving this mousse! It is hydrating and makes my curls rock. I find my frizz is totally controlled and my hair is super soft. It is definitely a heavier product (even though it is the "lightweight" version of this product), so people with fine hair might not like this. But it works wonders on my thick curls. I was able to buy this for $5 a can (I went back today and bought 3 more!) but it was regularly priced at $12 each. However, that is wholesale pricing, so I have no idea how much it would go for in a salon. This would definitely be a splurge purchase!


On a food related thought, I tried this Pineapple Salsa from SuperStore at a friends house, and bought some for myself for $2.50 a jar (on sale). I've never tried anything but traditional tomato-based salsa, but this was delightful! A great light taste, a nice change from the usual. I found this in the organic/natural food section of SuperStore.

3 comments:

  1. I used to use catwalk stuff when my hair was longer. It was like $22 for a smallish size thing of it, so you are getting a steal of a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Your post has excellent timing! For the past several months I have been styling my hair with long loose curls/waves. While I quite like this look, it is time consuming in that I need to blow dry it straight and then use my big barrelled curling iron throughout. This can add up to 35 minutes to my getting ready routine! I am not really complaining, as I consider it a privilege to have hair to style. Not all women are so lucky. But I digress..... I am wanting to return to my curly look more often but am struggling to find a product. I have tried soooo many, most often salon quality which as you all know is kind of pricey! I have never heard of the one you are suggesting, but will check it out next time I go to the city. I am enjoying all of your consumer reports lately. Much appreciated!

    love,
    juliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Hello my dear...love the new blog look! Very you. Sounds like you have found some great products and how nice that you can get the hair stuff a little cheaper. I agree, we are always on the lookout for perfection when it comes to our hair!! At least I sure am. Salsa sounds great too.
    love you, keep blogging
    mom

    ReplyDelete

18 February 2011

Curly haired girls: Rejoice!

On Wednesday I went to a local beauty supply store, Maritime Beauty, with a friend from work who is also a hair dresser. Thanks to her professional "I'm a hair dresser" ID, I was granted access to the wonderful world of hair products, all at a wholesale price. Total heaven! I was hoping to find a new mousse, and I came home with Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Lightweight Mousse.


I am loving this mousse! It is hydrating and makes my curls rock. I find my frizz is totally controlled and my hair is super soft. It is definitely a heavier product (even though it is the "lightweight" version of this product), so people with fine hair might not like this. But it works wonders on my thick curls. I was able to buy this for $5 a can (I went back today and bought 3 more!) but it was regularly priced at $12 each. However, that is wholesale pricing, so I have no idea how much it would go for in a salon. This would definitely be a splurge purchase!


On a food related thought, I tried this Pineapple Salsa from SuperStore at a friends house, and bought some for myself for $2.50 a jar (on sale). I've never tried anything but traditional tomato-based salsa, but this was delightful! A great light taste, a nice change from the usual. I found this in the organic/natural food section of SuperStore.

3 comments:

  1. I used to use catwalk stuff when my hair was longer. It was like $22 for a smallish size thing of it, so you are getting a steal of a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Your post has excellent timing! For the past several months I have been styling my hair with long loose curls/waves. While I quite like this look, it is time consuming in that I need to blow dry it straight and then use my big barrelled curling iron throughout. This can add up to 35 minutes to my getting ready routine! I am not really complaining, as I consider it a privilege to have hair to style. Not all women are so lucky. But I digress..... I am wanting to return to my curly look more often but am struggling to find a product. I have tried soooo many, most often salon quality which as you all know is kind of pricey! I have never heard of the one you are suggesting, but will check it out next time I go to the city. I am enjoying all of your consumer reports lately. Much appreciated!

    love,
    juliana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Hello my dear...love the new blog look! Very you. Sounds like you have found some great products and how nice that you can get the hair stuff a little cheaper. I agree, we are always on the lookout for perfection when it comes to our hair!! At least I sure am. Salsa sounds great too.
    love you, keep blogging
    mom

    ReplyDelete