Lo and behold, I found the "no name" pads to be excellent! The packaging and construction is quite similar to Always and they "work" just as well. I have no complaints and love that a package is only $5. I've made the switch from brand name to no name and feel pretty good about it!

On another note, I have also purchased and tried the Diva Cup. The Diva Cup is a silicone menstrual cup that collects menstrual flow. You can learn more about it here. Although I have other friends who really love it, I abandoned it after a few months. I found it too messy to deal with and although I liked not having to buy pads/tampons, it wasn't worth it for me. Have any of you heard about it/tried it/loved it/hated it?

Sorry if this post was too much information, but I always think that a good bargain should be shared - whether it's bloody or not!


Leah...I love your boldness (and the warning for ladies only). Definitely have not tried the Diva...don't think I will either. But thanks for the heads up on the Equate brand pads. Will have to check those out...I am always up for a deal (like the no name ketchup at Superstore that tastes like McDonald's).
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend :)
i never tried the diva cup....actually it grosses me out, so i guess i'll never try them...
ReplyDeletei had to stop using "always" after giving birth {they will tell you why:)} and i went ahead with a cheaper brand and never looked back!
hope you're having a great weekend!
I use the diva and love it. I like that I can put it in and not think about it for 12 hours (expect heavier days). I think women just think of it as messy because they are used to not having to deal with their bodily fluids. It takes some getting used to if you have been using tampons, which essentially lets you throw it all away with as little contact as possible. Once you are used to it, it just become normal, like anything in life I guess:) Plus, I am not putting bleach or pesticides in my yazoo! Yup, that's what I called it!
ReplyDeleteLove the diva cup, especially for international flights!
ReplyDelete-laura