17 April 2011
Operation "natural deodorant": FAIL
About a month ago I tried a more natural deodorant from a brand called Kiss my Face (you can read about it here). After my allergy testing back in March, the dermatologist told me I needed to avoid Propylene Glycol (P.G.), as I was irritated by it on my patch test. Unfortunately for me, P.G. is in quite a lot of products, including most deodorants. Well, the Kiss my Face deodorant failed. I would classify myself as a moderate-heavy sweater, and when I'm pushing 8 babies in a stroller up a hill, I need something that works! The natural deod just didn't cut it for me. Not only was it abrasive to apply (like rubbing a brick under my arms), I found myself smelling pretty ripe by the end of the day. And I really don't want to be the smelly girl. So after giving it a week to prove itself, I chucked it. I then had to take myself to the deodorant aisle at SuperStore and start reading ingredient lists. I found Degree "fresh energy" deodorant that doesn't have Propylene Glycol in the ingredient list, and so far has been proving itself worthy of my pits! My skin hasn't been irritated by using it, so I count that as a plus.
On another note, my first week of classes went well. The homework load doesn't seem too heavy - mostly a lot of textbook reading, but I don't imagine I'll have too much trouble with that! Of course there is a group presentation that has to be presented! You can never avoid those, but am praying for strength and courage as that approaches. I also have to put together a portfolio on a child in my classroom at daycare. This is an ongoing project that isn't due until the beginning of June, and I am looking forward to getting that put together. So the course itself seems manageable, although the busy week was a bit exhausting! I am hoping that each week is a bit better as I get used to this new routine.
On another note, my first week of classes went well. The homework load doesn't seem too heavy - mostly a lot of textbook reading, but I don't imagine I'll have too much trouble with that! Of course there is a group presentation that has to be presented! You can never avoid those, but am praying for strength and courage as that approaches. I also have to put together a portfolio on a child in my classroom at daycare. This is an ongoing project that isn't due until the beginning of June, and I am looking forward to getting that put together. So the course itself seems manageable, although the busy week was a bit exhausting! I am hoping that each week is a bit better as I get used to this new routine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 April 2011
Operation "natural deodorant": FAIL
About a month ago I tried a more natural deodorant from a brand called Kiss my Face (you can read about it here). After my allergy testing back in March, the dermatologist told me I needed to avoid Propylene Glycol (P.G.), as I was irritated by it on my patch test. Unfortunately for me, P.G. is in quite a lot of products, including most deodorants. Well, the Kiss my Face deodorant failed. I would classify myself as a moderate-heavy sweater, and when I'm pushing 8 babies in a stroller up a hill, I need something that works! The natural deod just didn't cut it for me. Not only was it abrasive to apply (like rubbing a brick under my arms), I found myself smelling pretty ripe by the end of the day. And I really don't want to be the smelly girl. So after giving it a week to prove itself, I chucked it. I then had to take myself to the deodorant aisle at SuperStore and start reading ingredient lists. I found Degree "fresh energy" deodorant that doesn't have Propylene Glycol in the ingredient list, and so far has been proving itself worthy of my pits! My skin hasn't been irritated by using it, so I count that as a plus.
On another note, my first week of classes went well. The homework load doesn't seem too heavy - mostly a lot of textbook reading, but I don't imagine I'll have too much trouble with that! Of course there is a group presentation that has to be presented! You can never avoid those, but am praying for strength and courage as that approaches. I also have to put together a portfolio on a child in my classroom at daycare. This is an ongoing project that isn't due until the beginning of June, and I am looking forward to getting that put together. So the course itself seems manageable, although the busy week was a bit exhausting! I am hoping that each week is a bit better as I get used to this new routine.
On another note, my first week of classes went well. The homework load doesn't seem too heavy - mostly a lot of textbook reading, but I don't imagine I'll have too much trouble with that! Of course there is a group presentation that has to be presented! You can never avoid those, but am praying for strength and courage as that approaches. I also have to put together a portfolio on a child in my classroom at daycare. This is an ongoing project that isn't due until the beginning of June, and I am looking forward to getting that put together. So the course itself seems manageable, although the busy week was a bit exhausting! I am hoping that each week is a bit better as I get used to this new routine.
4 comments:

Sorry to hear about the deodorant fail. How frustrating.
ReplyDelete
There are certain products that i just can't find a 'natural' version that works.
Shampoo is the big one. I've tried John Masters Organics and it was one of the better...but still not great. I thought I was 'winning' by using Aveda. Well i looked them up on cosmeticsdatabase.org - YIKES!
Anonymous11:45 PMHmmm...too bad about the deo, but yes, who wants to rub their pits with bricks??? Glad you could find one that will work. I'm experimenting without! Not too bad actually, but guess I had better wait till summer before I make a decision.
ReplyDelete
love you,
p.s. you will do great in school!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry to hear about the deodorant fail. How frustrating.
ReplyDeleteThere are certain products that i just can't find a 'natural' version that works.
Shampoo is the big one. I've tried John Masters Organics and it was one of the better...but still not great. I thought I was 'winning' by using Aveda. Well i looked them up on cosmeticsdatabase.org - YIKES!
Hmmm...too bad about the deo, but yes, who wants to rub their pits with bricks??? Glad you could find one that will work. I'm experimenting without! Not too bad actually, but guess I had better wait till summer before I make a decision.
ReplyDeletelove you,
p.s. you will do great in school!
sending lots of strengthening prayers your way!!
ReplyDeletelove you! and i'm pretty sure you'll do fine {and survive:)}
hugs!
Glad school isn't as daunting as you thought it might be. Wanted to say thanks for the baby oil tip too - Indie is appreciating having more moisturized skin without irritation!
ReplyDelete