Wednesday was visiting the daycare where I work, a little bit of shopping, and seeing where Josh works.
Thursday was lots of shopping for mom and I, and putting the railing up on the deck for Josh and dad.
Friday included the drive up to Cape Breton, a picnic lunch, and wandering around the Fortress of Louisbourgh.
Saturday was the coal mining museum in Glace Bay, driving to Baddeck, and then to Pleasant Bay. The drive there was absolutely beautiful, known as the Cabot Trail and the Cape Breton highlands.
Sunday was the whale watching tour, lunch at The Red Shoe Pub (owned by the Rankin sisters), and a ceilidh ("kay lee") in Judique. A ceilidh means "party" in Gaelic and involves piano/fiddle music and dancing. We drove the rest of the way home on Sunday afternoon.
Monday was a bit more shopping for mom and I, and a bit more construction work for dad and Josh.
Tuesday was driving M&D to the airport.
Josh and I.
On a whale watching tour! We saw 5 whales and a seal!
Josh, Dad and I at the Miners Museum in Glace Bay. We took a coal mining tour!
Cape Breton!
Mom and Dad in Baddeck, Cape Breton.
Mom and I during a random highway stop to admire the scenery!
A family photo in Louisbourgh, Cape Breton.
Dad, Josh and I at the Fortress of Louisbourgh - North America's largest 18th century rebuilt colony.


Hi Leah, we are home!! I can't believe that our beautiful holiday is over.....Thanks to both of you for a wonderful time. so grand to see you and Josh happy and in love! Cape Breton is one of the most beautiful places I have visited, along with Nova Scotia, PEI, and Ireland of course. Simply mau-vellous!! Love you
ReplyDeletemom
Great pictures!
ReplyDelete