02 October 2011

Apple picking

Last Sunday we went apple picking in Windsor with some of our bible study friends. We had a delightful picnic lunch and then we started our apple picking. We had a beautiful day for it and had a great time together! The apples were not so impressive (apparently it was not a good year for apples), but we had a good time as a group in the sunshine. 
Friends and our picnic lunch!


A random man was taking pictures of us, so we asked him to take a picture with our cameras too!

Apple picking success! Peter, Josh and Matt.

On Wednesday I had a bit of extra time (a rarity these days) and I made an apple crisp (from the Epicure website) to serve at bible study on Thursday night. It was a total hit and well worth the cramped hand from peeling apples (a chore that I really detest).


3 comments:

  1. Nice work. I also detest peeling & coring apples, but I refuse to give in and buy one of those things that clamps to the counter & peels them, because I don't believe in kitchen gadgets that you only use three times a year and only have one specific purpose. So, hand cramps for me. Now I am going to go look at that recipe you linked to. Do you have Auntie Lynda's fruit crisp recipe? Best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Hi Leah,
    I love that you have made apple picking an annual event with your friens. I think you are a great social convenor! Boy, I sure would love to bite into a fresh apple right off the tree.....
    Enjoy!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary11:22 PM

    I second Auntie Lynda's fruit crisp!
    Also, picking things is always fun (apples, noses, wedgies, etc).

    ReplyDelete

02 October 2011

Apple picking

Last Sunday we went apple picking in Windsor with some of our bible study friends. We had a delightful picnic lunch and then we started our apple picking. We had a beautiful day for it and had a great time together! The apples were not so impressive (apparently it was not a good year for apples), but we had a good time as a group in the sunshine. 
Friends and our picnic lunch!


A random man was taking pictures of us, so we asked him to take a picture with our cameras too!

Apple picking success! Peter, Josh and Matt.

On Wednesday I had a bit of extra time (a rarity these days) and I made an apple crisp (from the Epicure website) to serve at bible study on Thursday night. It was a total hit and well worth the cramped hand from peeling apples (a chore that I really detest).


3 comments:

  1. Nice work. I also detest peeling & coring apples, but I refuse to give in and buy one of those things that clamps to the counter & peels them, because I don't believe in kitchen gadgets that you only use three times a year and only have one specific purpose. So, hand cramps for me. Now I am going to go look at that recipe you linked to. Do you have Auntie Lynda's fruit crisp recipe? Best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Hi Leah,
    I love that you have made apple picking an annual event with your friens. I think you are a great social convenor! Boy, I sure would love to bite into a fresh apple right off the tree.....
    Enjoy!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary11:22 PM

    I second Auntie Lynda's fruit crisp!
    Also, picking things is always fun (apples, noses, wedgies, etc).

    ReplyDelete