03 January 2012

Things to do in 2012.

1. Replace my kitchen curtains with something less "country". I don't have a specific idea in mind...maybe a roman? Amy was telling me about an idea that involves a roller blind and wallpaper....could be cute.

2. Move the computer room stuff into the spare room to become a spare room/office. Organize. Maybe paint?

3. Transform the former computer room into a nursery. Because if you haven't already heard...Josh and I are having a baby!!! We need to paint the room - first, to decide on a colour...suggestions? We aren't finding out the sex, so something neutral without being too lame. Then we need to buy a crib and other baby furniture. Then of course, to decorate!

4. Buy baby stuff. Car seat. Baby bathtub. Baby clothes. Cloth diapers??? And I'm sure a bunch of other stuff that I can't think of right now.

5. Maybe get a new cell phone.

6. Go to Manitoba for Christmas.

7. Go to AquaFit. At some point. At least once.

8. Cook a beer can chicken on the BBQ this summer. Oh, and I want to try and do ribs made with a Coke marinade.

9. Improve my homemade pizza sauce recipe, because I think I've been screwing mine up recently.


6 comments:

  1. Good list Leah!
    I suggest a charcoal colour for the nursery, it's totally in right now! But it may be a bit dark - does that room get a lot of light?
    As for pizza sauce, I have given up the ghost on that one! Mine started to suck, so I've been buying it in a jar, and the spicing it up as I please.
    Oh, and kitchen curtain - what do you have now? I am saving up to buy a roman shade from Tonic Living. Oh I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Ahh, lovely list Leah! Such a wide variety of things to accomplish. I think I should do the same...make a list I mean! good luck with all your choices and have fun with all the accomplishments. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 AM

    WOW! you're having a baby????
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh boy, i am very, very excited!
    and so glad
    and sooo incredibly happy!
    post updates!
    soon!

    and i guess i need to plan a visit..:)
    and i promise you to send the sleep sack:)

    love you!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at cloth diaper patterns too...not for me though :) Here's a great article with lots of patterns and info if you're interested...

    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/10/october-18-diaper-sewing-101-little-sapling-toys-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your favourite combos of colours for girls and boys? Im sure you see lots with the babies at work! I love purple and green and green and blue so green was an easy pick for our neutral nursery since I could use that as the base and add pops of whatever colour that related to the sex of the baby we ended up having. I also love teal and pink and teal and brown, so teal is another fun colour for a nursery. I say muted softer colours though, Im not sure if its really proven, but if it helps them sleep better by not being too bright than is worth trying!

    As for curtains, we should go kitchen curtain shopping or creating together since ours is lace right now! I cant stand it! I need to change it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:31 PM

    hmmm you did almost all of these things.

    don't think you did beer can chicken, but great job. I like your new pizza sauce

    who am I......
    I'm

    --Anony Mouse

    ReplyDelete

03 January 2012

Things to do in 2012.

1. Replace my kitchen curtains with something less "country". I don't have a specific idea in mind...maybe a roman? Amy was telling me about an idea that involves a roller blind and wallpaper....could be cute.

2. Move the computer room stuff into the spare room to become a spare room/office. Organize. Maybe paint?

3. Transform the former computer room into a nursery. Because if you haven't already heard...Josh and I are having a baby!!! We need to paint the room - first, to decide on a colour...suggestions? We aren't finding out the sex, so something neutral without being too lame. Then we need to buy a crib and other baby furniture. Then of course, to decorate!

4. Buy baby stuff. Car seat. Baby bathtub. Baby clothes. Cloth diapers??? And I'm sure a bunch of other stuff that I can't think of right now.

5. Maybe get a new cell phone.

6. Go to Manitoba for Christmas.

7. Go to AquaFit. At some point. At least once.

8. Cook a beer can chicken on the BBQ this summer. Oh, and I want to try and do ribs made with a Coke marinade.

9. Improve my homemade pizza sauce recipe, because I think I've been screwing mine up recently.


6 comments:

  1. Good list Leah!
    I suggest a charcoal colour for the nursery, it's totally in right now! But it may be a bit dark - does that room get a lot of light?
    As for pizza sauce, I have given up the ghost on that one! Mine started to suck, so I've been buying it in a jar, and the spicing it up as I please.
    Oh, and kitchen curtain - what do you have now? I am saving up to buy a roman shade from Tonic Living. Oh I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 PM

    Ahh, lovely list Leah! Such a wide variety of things to accomplish. I think I should do the same...make a list I mean! good luck with all your choices and have fun with all the accomplishments. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
    love you
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:01 AM

    WOW! you're having a baby????
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh boy, i am very, very excited!
    and so glad
    and sooo incredibly happy!
    post updates!
    soon!

    and i guess i need to plan a visit..:)
    and i promise you to send the sleep sack:)

    love you!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at cloth diaper patterns too...not for me though :) Here's a great article with lots of patterns and info if you're interested...

    http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2010/10/october-18-diaper-sewing-101-little-sapling-toys-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's your favourite combos of colours for girls and boys? Im sure you see lots with the babies at work! I love purple and green and green and blue so green was an easy pick for our neutral nursery since I could use that as the base and add pops of whatever colour that related to the sex of the baby we ended up having. I also love teal and pink and teal and brown, so teal is another fun colour for a nursery. I say muted softer colours though, Im not sure if its really proven, but if it helps them sleep better by not being too bright than is worth trying!

    As for curtains, we should go kitchen curtain shopping or creating together since ours is lace right now! I cant stand it! I need to change it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:31 PM

    hmmm you did almost all of these things.

    don't think you did beer can chicken, but great job. I like your new pizza sauce

    who am I......
    I'm

    --Anony Mouse

    ReplyDelete