16 January 2012

I bought this...

Even before I was pregnant, I have been looking up and researching different strollers. I googled and read reviews and looked at pictures. If I was bold, I would venture into Babies R Us and take some for a spin, hoping to avoid the salespeople wondering when my baby was due, because of course, I wasn't even pregnant at the time! Now the time has come to test drive these suckers for real. I had been looking at this stroller for a few weeks since we found out we were having a baby.






During the American "Black Friday" sales, the Canadian Babies R Us store joined in and had this stroller for $100 off. Since this was such a great deal, we went for it and ordered it online. We chose black, although I was tempted by the Plum or Turquoise/brown, but Josh wanted black, so we went with that.

Thanks to my exceptional "putting things together without instructions" skill, we had this stroller together in a few minutes. Josh was left looking at me in amazement as I clicked and snapped things into place with little hesitation. I think I impressed him. Am I correct in thinking that this is a prominent Duerksen gene? I know my sister and some cousins are much better at this than their husbands. Needless to say, I left Josh in the dust while I assembled our stroller. Of course, this is only my opinion and no doubt Josh would disagree heartily with me.


 
 Of course, we haven't really tried this out in the real world. But I have wheeled it enthusiastically throughout the house, and so far, so good! The thing I like best about it is that is came with a bassinet that clicks into the stroller to use when baby is little, and also a bassinet stand to use in our room for sleeping. It also comes with a "universal" car seat adapter, so we just need to buy a car seat and it should fit. It'll get its first real try-out when Mom, Amy and Codie come to visit next week. I'm sure Codie will let us know how she likes it.



We had an ultrasound last week! Everything is looking great!




4 comments:

  1. exciting!
    do you have a bump yet? I want to see it if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking stroller! If I decide to have babies, I will spare no expense on the stroller. It's a vehicle, really.

    Wish I could see you pushing that thing around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary10:30 PM

    Must be a duerksen thing...I have it!
    And the stroller looks great...what brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hillary, I think I got that one too :)

    ReplyDelete

16 January 2012

I bought this...

Even before I was pregnant, I have been looking up and researching different strollers. I googled and read reviews and looked at pictures. If I was bold, I would venture into Babies R Us and take some for a spin, hoping to avoid the salespeople wondering when my baby was due, because of course, I wasn't even pregnant at the time! Now the time has come to test drive these suckers for real. I had been looking at this stroller for a few weeks since we found out we were having a baby.






During the American "Black Friday" sales, the Canadian Babies R Us store joined in and had this stroller for $100 off. Since this was such a great deal, we went for it and ordered it online. We chose black, although I was tempted by the Plum or Turquoise/brown, but Josh wanted black, so we went with that.

Thanks to my exceptional "putting things together without instructions" skill, we had this stroller together in a few minutes. Josh was left looking at me in amazement as I clicked and snapped things into place with little hesitation. I think I impressed him. Am I correct in thinking that this is a prominent Duerksen gene? I know my sister and some cousins are much better at this than their husbands. Needless to say, I left Josh in the dust while I assembled our stroller. Of course, this is only my opinion and no doubt Josh would disagree heartily with me.


 
 Of course, we haven't really tried this out in the real world. But I have wheeled it enthusiastically throughout the house, and so far, so good! The thing I like best about it is that is came with a bassinet that clicks into the stroller to use when baby is little, and also a bassinet stand to use in our room for sleeping. It also comes with a "universal" car seat adapter, so we just need to buy a car seat and it should fit. It'll get its first real try-out when Mom, Amy and Codie come to visit next week. I'm sure Codie will let us know how she likes it.



We had an ultrasound last week! Everything is looking great!




4 comments:

  1. exciting!
    do you have a bump yet? I want to see it if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking stroller! If I decide to have babies, I will spare no expense on the stroller. It's a vehicle, really.

    Wish I could see you pushing that thing around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary10:30 PM

    Must be a duerksen thing...I have it!
    And the stroller looks great...what brand is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Hillary, I think I got that one too :)

    ReplyDelete