18 January 2012

The most important part of a stir fry is....

The sauce, of course! A stir fry is nothing without a delicious sauce, and lots of it.

Here's the sauce I've been using lately and loving:

Sweet & Sour Stir Fry Sauce (tastes best with chicken!)

1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. corn starch
1/4 c. vinegar
2-3 T soy sauce
1/4 c. pineapple juice

What is your favourite sauce to make or use when it's stir fry night? And let's face it...stir fry night comes around pretty often because it's quick, cheap and easy. And usually tastes delicious.

3 comments:

  1. stir fry is for a sure a go-to meal for us. I usually just use oyster sauce straight from the bottle, but I'll have to give this a go - maybe tonight! Do you buy pineapple juice by itself, or do you usually have canned pineapple on hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sriracha sauce! terrific for spicing things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sounds good! I need to try that sometime! I love experimenting with stir fry sauces!

    ReplyDelete

18 January 2012

The most important part of a stir fry is....

The sauce, of course! A stir fry is nothing without a delicious sauce, and lots of it.

Here's the sauce I've been using lately and loving:

Sweet & Sour Stir Fry Sauce (tastes best with chicken!)

1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. corn starch
1/4 c. vinegar
2-3 T soy sauce
1/4 c. pineapple juice

What is your favourite sauce to make or use when it's stir fry night? And let's face it...stir fry night comes around pretty often because it's quick, cheap and easy. And usually tastes delicious.

3 comments:

  1. stir fry is for a sure a go-to meal for us. I usually just use oyster sauce straight from the bottle, but I'll have to give this a go - maybe tonight! Do you buy pineapple juice by itself, or do you usually have canned pineapple on hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sriracha sauce! terrific for spicing things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh sounds good! I need to try that sometime! I love experimenting with stir fry sauces!

    ReplyDelete