16 August 2012

Home Improvements (and mom and dad!)

It's been quite the eventful 2 weeks! Mom and Dad arrived on August 5 and we've been just going ever since. Mom has been especially busy...sewing blinds for my kitchen, scrubbing my bathtub, taking care of Reid, washing windows, cooking, grocery shopping and just doing everything for me...I feel quite lazy! But always appreciative. I love that my parents come to spend time with me here...maybe when I go home for Christmas it will be my turn to clean and scrub their house! Maybe. Here is our visit in pictures. 

Josh and Dad out for dinner in Eastern Passage.

Mom, Reid and I, out for dinner in Eastern Passage.

Mom and Dad, out for a walk on the Bedford Harbour front.

Our little family! That growth on my chest is Reid in his pouch under a blanket!

Self portrait...always amusing.

A nice passer-by offered to take our picture!


Dad and Reid!

I bought this "birth stat print" from Etsy. Cute!

Reid's change table area...the ribbons were Mom's idea and he does love them!

Mom made this hanging book display for me!

Reid's footprint art...2 sets of prints = 2 months of age!

Reid' s room...Erica, this is where I hung his name banner!

Close up of the hanging book display.

Lazy roman blind that Mom made, as per Auntie B's instructions.

We had extra fabric from the blinds, so Mom added some detail to the dining room curtains! What do you think?
The full view of the dining room curtains. 
Roman blind for the kitchen window.
If you are interested in making a hanging book display, click here. 

Well, there you have it! Our glorious visit. Mom leaves on Sunday and there's no doubt I will miss her! It'll suck having to do everything for myself again....! Just kidding. I will miss her for other reasons, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Emily Amos8:58 PM

    Hey Leah, I didn't know you had a blog! It's great. I love the background design. I also love your roman blinds. Can you email me the instructions - or let me know where to find them on the world wide web?

    ReplyDelete

16 August 2012

Home Improvements (and mom and dad!)

It's been quite the eventful 2 weeks! Mom and Dad arrived on August 5 and we've been just going ever since. Mom has been especially busy...sewing blinds for my kitchen, scrubbing my bathtub, taking care of Reid, washing windows, cooking, grocery shopping and just doing everything for me...I feel quite lazy! But always appreciative. I love that my parents come to spend time with me here...maybe when I go home for Christmas it will be my turn to clean and scrub their house! Maybe. Here is our visit in pictures. 

Josh and Dad out for dinner in Eastern Passage.

Mom, Reid and I, out for dinner in Eastern Passage.

Mom and Dad, out for a walk on the Bedford Harbour front.

Our little family! That growth on my chest is Reid in his pouch under a blanket!

Self portrait...always amusing.

A nice passer-by offered to take our picture!


Dad and Reid!

I bought this "birth stat print" from Etsy. Cute!

Reid's change table area...the ribbons were Mom's idea and he does love them!

Mom made this hanging book display for me!

Reid's footprint art...2 sets of prints = 2 months of age!

Reid' s room...Erica, this is where I hung his name banner!

Close up of the hanging book display.

Lazy roman blind that Mom made, as per Auntie B's instructions.

We had extra fabric from the blinds, so Mom added some detail to the dining room curtains! What do you think?
The full view of the dining room curtains. 
Roman blind for the kitchen window.
If you are interested in making a hanging book display, click here. 

Well, there you have it! Our glorious visit. Mom leaves on Sunday and there's no doubt I will miss her! It'll suck having to do everything for myself again....! Just kidding. I will miss her for other reasons, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Emily Amos8:58 PM

    Hey Leah, I didn't know you had a blog! It's great. I love the background design. I also love your roman blinds. Can you email me the instructions - or let me know where to find them on the world wide web?

    ReplyDelete