Today I made applesauce for the first time! I had a ton of fresh apples from when my friend Rachel and I went apple picking a few weeks ago. The apples sat in my fridge for a few weeks until I felt courageous enough to tackle them. My goal was to make apple sauce to freeze for when Reid starts eating solids and today, I was victorious!
| Reid played in his "office" while I peeled apples! |
| I bought this sweet peeler for $20. Reminds me of pie making day at Granny and Boppa's. |
| Peeled and sliced apples soaking in salted water. |
| Apples in the pot, ready to be cooked down. |
| Cooking down...getting broken up from the heat. |
| Reid and I while the apples cooked! |
| Finished! |
| Baby food cubes ready for the freezer. |


Mmm, that sounds good right now! So good that I might have to hop on a plane and come get some myself. I love the photo of you and Reid. It made me smile.
ReplyDeleteOh my, that does look good....great job Leah! And to think that Reid can work in his office and you can make Apple Sauce, and then get together for coffee!! Love it! did it go pretty mcuh like I said?
ReplyDeleteGreat job!
See you in December!
mom
That boy is so cute.
ReplyDeleteHey Leah? Have you ever considered doing a vlog?(video blog) it might be fun