22 November 2006
the big hairy question
what do you use?
22 November 2006
the big hairy question
what do you use?
4 comments:

My hair is not really curly, but I will let you know what I use anyway. I use no-name shampoo, that is supposed to look like Pantene Pro V. I use Pantene conditioner (not no name). Then I use my beloved mousse, that I was afraid was discontinued, but thankfully it is not. My room mate has really curly hair, and she uses the same mousse I use. Salon Selectives Purple can. Good stuff.
ReplyDelete
So, I suppose that is it. Love you!
Here are the products in my regime:
ReplyDelete
-Pantene Pro V Hydrating Curl (I like 2 in 1)
-Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse
-got2b curl vacious curl creme
-Life Brand Honey Nut curl shaper (also a creme)
Usually I enjoy the creams, but since starting with the mousse I've noticed that my hair is lighter and less tangled by the end of day. Plus, you avoid that gross residue that inevtiably ends up on your pillow at night. I also think that allowing curly hair to dry naturally is a big help in maintaining lovely curls throughout the day. Unfortunately, that is not also possible!
I love you!
Anonymous8:14 PMOh, curly haired cousins....don't you sometimes wonder how different your life would be if you didn't have to deal with the curls..... I have this wonderful hairdresser who always straightens my hair after a color or cut....and for two days I feel like I could conquer the world because my hair looks so fabulous....and then my head starts to itch and I must wash away the beautiful straightness.....and the world becomes overwhelming again......Okay, that's a little dramatic. I do, however, want to purchase a great straightening iron (cost approx. $175! I don't think I've been so good that Santa will bring me one.) I use salon shampoo - whatever is on sale - Schwartzkopf currently is in the shower. I cannot understand you mousse users - that spells disaster for me. I use ISO Bouncy Creme and Bouncy Spray (salon product, but "i'm worth it!" - and also not a student paying tuition and rent!!) Hope all cousins reading this are having a great hair day!!! Love you all - curly or straight!
ReplyDelete
Anonymous2:28 PMcurl creams work better for me and don't make my hair crunchy like gels and mousses do. I use one by ISO called "bouncy cream"--yes, it's a salon product, but it's not that expensive. You can buy a litre for ~$25, if you break down how much you spend on gels, etc. (per unit of product) it's about the same. And for shampoo and conditioner? I just use something hydrating, that's all "curly" products really are--naturally curly hair tends to be dry.
ReplyDelete



My hair is not really curly, but I will let you know what I use anyway. I use no-name shampoo, that is supposed to look like Pantene Pro V. I use Pantene conditioner (not no name). Then I use my beloved mousse, that I was afraid was discontinued, but thankfully it is not. My room mate has really curly hair, and she uses the same mousse I use. Salon Selectives Purple can. Good stuff.
ReplyDeleteSo, I suppose that is it. Love you!
Here are the products in my regime:
ReplyDelete-Pantene Pro V Hydrating Curl (I like 2 in 1)
-Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse
-got2b curl vacious curl creme
-Life Brand Honey Nut curl shaper (also a creme)
Usually I enjoy the creams, but since starting with the mousse I've noticed that my hair is lighter and less tangled by the end of day. Plus, you avoid that gross residue that inevtiably ends up on your pillow at night. I also think that allowing curly hair to dry naturally is a big help in maintaining lovely curls throughout the day. Unfortunately, that is not also possible!
I love you!
Oh, curly haired cousins....don't you sometimes wonder how different your life would be if you didn't have to deal with the curls..... I have this wonderful hairdresser who always straightens my hair after a color or cut....and for two days I feel like I could conquer the world because my hair looks so fabulous....and then my head starts to itch and I must wash away the beautiful straightness.....and the world becomes overwhelming again......Okay, that's a little dramatic. I do, however, want to purchase a great straightening iron (cost approx. $175! I don't think I've been so good that Santa will bring me one.) I use salon shampoo - whatever is on sale - Schwartzkopf currently is in the shower. I cannot understand you mousse users - that spells disaster for me. I use ISO Bouncy Creme and Bouncy Spray (salon product, but "i'm worth it!" - and also not a student paying tuition and rent!!) Hope all cousins reading this are having a great hair day!!! Love you all - curly or straight!
ReplyDeletecurl creams work better for me and don't make my hair crunchy like gels and mousses do. I use one by ISO called "bouncy cream"--yes, it's a salon product, but it's not that expensive. You can buy a litre for ~$25, if you break down how much you spend on gels, etc. (per unit of product) it's about the same. And for shampoo and conditioner? I just use something hydrating, that's all "curly" products really are--naturally curly hair tends to be dry.
ReplyDelete