17 December 2006

christmas countdown

things have been busy around here! last week mom had a huge Avon order (just in time for Christmas!) to unpack - the boxes went all the way to the roof!

when i was younger, i always used to make a "Christmas Schedule" for amy and clarke and i. i would outline how the day's events would go for Christmas Day. it usually started off at about 2:00 AM, because that is when clarke and i would get up and try to wake up amy to open our presents. amy was older by then and would want to sleep until at least 5:00 AM!! we could always open our presents whenever we wanted on christmas morning - none of this waiting until the parents got up! the schedule would also, no doubt, include, "Leah watches Clarke build lego/play new Nintendo game" and "Try to wake up Amy again". after said schedule was done, i would print it off of the computer (oh yes, i was very professional!) and "deliver" it to amy and clarke, making them sign and date it. really, it was more of a contract than anything! a picture of the trees across the street from my house.

anyway, i don't make the schedules anymore, but i still think about how christmas morning will fall into place. these last few years have been different, as clarke and alison are usually in Saskatoon with alison's family during christmas, and we must wait until the 29th or 30th for our christmas with them. although this year we are having presents on the 23rd, before they leave.
clarke and alison, and their dog Billy.

so the countdown is on. this week will be full of christmas magic. i have a full work week ahead of me, and then a whole 4 days off! i am really looking forward to the peace and relaxation this will bring.

The Reasons I Love Christmas:

1) you get to eat festive platters (cheese, crackers, pickles, sausage!)
2) Christmas tree lights
3) Christmas specials on TV
4) presents (it's true - don't deny it)
5) being with my family
6) the unusual large quantity of Coke/Pepsi in the house
7) Christmas music

Favorite Christmas Quote:

"Christmas is not about being with people that you like. Christmas is about being with your family!" - Tim Taylor, "Home Improvement" (a classic line if there ever was one)

6 comments:

  1. This Christmas my friend...I will also be seeing my family. And I agree 100% that family really does make the holidays! This season Kevin comes to my families house 0 tomorrow actually. This year it will be more than awkward! That's a whole other issue that really would take pages to explain. Anyways, you were such a cute kid - 2am mornings, haa haa. Leah, you've always kept me laughing - that's just what I needed, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family! Remember that year you guys found the Super NES and looked at it because it was in a green bag in your mom's closet? We were there that Christmas - good times for sure! I think that was also the year that your dad built a bookcase for your mom, and Amy and Hill moved it in from the shed in the morning...what a gong show! Family Christmas....it's always the best!
    I can't wait to see you! Maybe we can have a festive platter - you know how I feel about those! Well, actually I think we all feel the same about those.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great post Leah! I loved the visuals I got of you with your professional contract and of Amy being so annoyed that she's being woken up so early...good times. It made me laugh. Anyways, have a great Christmas with the fam! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:51 AM

    you are so right leah! christmas with family and presents (i love getting presents, as well!!!) is sooooo great! i hope that you´re having a great time! i miss you, love!!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:25 AM

    your family is gorgeous,Leah! I don't know what you're talking about. It's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:40 PM

    The Christmas schedule cracked me up!! I love that!! I also looked at the picture of across the street with such envy. It is now December 21 and Minnesota still has had no snow!! This is ridiculous!! The weathermen are telling us a storm is brewing and we can expect this rain today (rain!! i know!!) to turn to snow by tomorrow!! I'm still crossing my fingers for that "white Christmas"!! :)
    Love you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete

17 December 2006

christmas countdown

things have been busy around here! last week mom had a huge Avon order (just in time for Christmas!) to unpack - the boxes went all the way to the roof!

when i was younger, i always used to make a "Christmas Schedule" for amy and clarke and i. i would outline how the day's events would go for Christmas Day. it usually started off at about 2:00 AM, because that is when clarke and i would get up and try to wake up amy to open our presents. amy was older by then and would want to sleep until at least 5:00 AM!! we could always open our presents whenever we wanted on christmas morning - none of this waiting until the parents got up! the schedule would also, no doubt, include, "Leah watches Clarke build lego/play new Nintendo game" and "Try to wake up Amy again". after said schedule was done, i would print it off of the computer (oh yes, i was very professional!) and "deliver" it to amy and clarke, making them sign and date it. really, it was more of a contract than anything! a picture of the trees across the street from my house.

anyway, i don't make the schedules anymore, but i still think about how christmas morning will fall into place. these last few years have been different, as clarke and alison are usually in Saskatoon with alison's family during christmas, and we must wait until the 29th or 30th for our christmas with them. although this year we are having presents on the 23rd, before they leave.
clarke and alison, and their dog Billy.

so the countdown is on. this week will be full of christmas magic. i have a full work week ahead of me, and then a whole 4 days off! i am really looking forward to the peace and relaxation this will bring.

The Reasons I Love Christmas:

1) you get to eat festive platters (cheese, crackers, pickles, sausage!)
2) Christmas tree lights
3) Christmas specials on TV
4) presents (it's true - don't deny it)
5) being with my family
6) the unusual large quantity of Coke/Pepsi in the house
7) Christmas music

Favorite Christmas Quote:

"Christmas is not about being with people that you like. Christmas is about being with your family!" - Tim Taylor, "Home Improvement" (a classic line if there ever was one)

6 comments:

  1. This Christmas my friend...I will also be seeing my family. And I agree 100% that family really does make the holidays! This season Kevin comes to my families house 0 tomorrow actually. This year it will be more than awkward! That's a whole other issue that really would take pages to explain. Anyways, you were such a cute kid - 2am mornings, haa haa. Leah, you've always kept me laughing - that's just what I needed, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your family! Remember that year you guys found the Super NES and looked at it because it was in a green bag in your mom's closet? We were there that Christmas - good times for sure! I think that was also the year that your dad built a bookcase for your mom, and Amy and Hill moved it in from the shed in the morning...what a gong show! Family Christmas....it's always the best!
    I can't wait to see you! Maybe we can have a festive platter - you know how I feel about those! Well, actually I think we all feel the same about those.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great post Leah! I loved the visuals I got of you with your professional contract and of Amy being so annoyed that she's being woken up so early...good times. It made me laugh. Anyways, have a great Christmas with the fam! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:51 AM

    you are so right leah! christmas with family and presents (i love getting presents, as well!!!) is sooooo great! i hope that you´re having a great time! i miss you, love!!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:25 AM

    your family is gorgeous,Leah! I don't know what you're talking about. It's a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:40 PM

    The Christmas schedule cracked me up!! I love that!! I also looked at the picture of across the street with such envy. It is now December 21 and Minnesota still has had no snow!! This is ridiculous!! The weathermen are telling us a storm is brewing and we can expect this rain today (rain!! i know!!) to turn to snow by tomorrow!! I'm still crossing my fingers for that "white Christmas"!! :)
    Love you!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete