
I normally go every 6 weeks or so to get my brows and chin (yep, I've got nasty chin hairs, the bane of my existence) waxed at my local salon. This service costs me about $26 dollars for both. Quite frankly, that's a lot when you are on a tight budget! So I bought the Parissa Body Sugar kit, thinking that I would give it a whirl and save some money.
And whirl, I did! I am pleased to say that I absolutely recommend this product! It is easy to use and the strips and the wooden applicators are washable and therefore re-usable, meaning that this kit will last me forever and save me a ton of money.
In the box:
-big old tub of body sugar (140 mls - I can see this lasting me years)
-20 washable strips (the body sugar just melts away when you rinse it with hot water)
-3 wooden applicators (again, the body sugar washes away easily)
-1 vial of Azulene oil (for smoothing onto the newly waxed area)
Just heat up the body sugar in the microwave (between 20-40 seconds), smooth sugar onto area to be waxed, slap on a strip and yank it off. I have never found facial waxing to be very painful, so this was easy-breezy for me, but others might find it a bit more unbearable. I found yelling "1-2-3-GO!" gave me motivation to pull the strip off myself!
I waxed my chin this morning and thought I did a fairly good job, seeing as it was only my first time. I also tried doing my brows, which I thought was quite risky, but I used a toothpick to apply the body sugar and thought they came away looking cleaned up, and most of all, even! I will continue going to the salon for brow waxing, though...I just don't think I will become an expert at that. I still need a professionals touch! But for in between appointments, this body sugar kit will certainly do the job!
On another note entirely: This morning Josh and I went to Staples to buy printer ink, and we came home with this:
A big giant calculator, which Josh wants to hang on the wall in his computer room. Who wants to guess how much he paid for this work of art?



I truly love the giant calculator! Work of art indeed! I say 19.99.....on the other note..I love that you can remedy your unwanted facial all on your own! What a life saver! And where did you pick up this item?
ReplyDeletelove you
mom
Giant calc: $9.99.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was reading this I was thinking "How does Leah get her brows even??" Because that would be impossible for me! I still can't get eye makeup to look even, let alone eyebrow shape!! I usually pluck mine, but maybe another (professional) wax is in order!
Love you!
I hope it was $5, the cheaper the better. I love it by the way.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to guess $1.99. Good work with the waxing. I love my magnifed make-up mirror with lights and my tweezerman tweezers.. haven't seen a pro in years. Maybe I look it too, but I don't see people looking at me as though I'm from Uneven Street! hehehe
ReplyDeleteLove you, ab