Yesterday I read about a "Favourite Things" party on my cousin Erica's blog and I thought it was a great idea! In a nutshell, she's inviting some of her girlfriends over to her house, making some great party food and they are exchanging some of their favourite items (all worth $6 or under). I think this is such a super idea and something I would love to try one day.
So I got to thinking (because I have a lot of time for that these days, stuck in this hospital bed while I wait for Spartacus to grow and/or for my blood pressure to go sky high) about what my favourite things are lately.
Here's what I came up with (not all of them are under $6, but all of them appear to be cosmetic):
First up is L'Oreal Studio Silk and Gloss Curling Mousse. About $5.99 at WalMart and is a really nice creamy mousse. Holds without being crunchy.
Second, Boots Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturizer (I use Fair). I found this at Shopper's for about $8 on sale, but regular is around $17. This is super smooth and creamy without being heavy, gives some colour and coverage but I do add some of my regular liquid foundation to this to get more coverage when I am going out or something. But for everyday around the house, this does the trick! I like this because my skin is sensitive, but this is not irritating. A winner!
I have always liked Nivea lip chap, but usually only buy the regular blue tube that comes in the 2 pack. This time I tried this Nivea Hydro Care lip chap and am really liking it. This is about $1.99 I think. Very light and moisturizing. Doesn't make my lips break out and make me look like a clown. Another big winner!
I got this Johnson's Bedtime Lotion as a baby gift from a girl at work, but I started using it on myself and haven't stopped! It's got a great light scent and doesn't irritate my skin. I think this is about $3 or $4 at WalMart.
Another Nivea product: Nivea Strawberry Lip Care...again, about $1.99 for a tube. I use this mainly for the light red colour this gives my lips...nice for a pop of colour without pulling out the sticky lip gloss. Makes me feel light and fresh! I did actually see this at Dollarama (I think maybe in the Cherry flavour), so that's even better than the $1.99 price tag at WalMart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
01 June 2012
Favourite Things
Yesterday I read about a "Favourite Things" party on my cousin Erica's blog and I thought it was a great idea! In a nutshell, she's inviting some of her girlfriends over to her house, making some great party food and they are exchanging some of their favourite items (all worth $6 or under). I think this is such a super idea and something I would love to try one day.
So I got to thinking (because I have a lot of time for that these days, stuck in this hospital bed while I wait for Spartacus to grow and/or for my blood pressure to go sky high) about what my favourite things are lately.
Here's what I came up with (not all of them are under $6, but all of them appear to be cosmetic):
First up is L'Oreal Studio Silk and Gloss Curling Mousse. About $5.99 at WalMart and is a really nice creamy mousse. Holds without being crunchy.
Second, Boots Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturizer (I use Fair). I found this at Shopper's for about $8 on sale, but regular is around $17. This is super smooth and creamy without being heavy, gives some colour and coverage but I do add some of my regular liquid foundation to this to get more coverage when I am going out or something. But for everyday around the house, this does the trick! I like this because my skin is sensitive, but this is not irritating. A winner!
I have always liked Nivea lip chap, but usually only buy the regular blue tube that comes in the 2 pack. This time I tried this Nivea Hydro Care lip chap and am really liking it. This is about $1.99 I think. Very light and moisturizing. Doesn't make my lips break out and make me look like a clown. Another big winner!
I got this Johnson's Bedtime Lotion as a baby gift from a girl at work, but I started using it on myself and haven't stopped! It's got a great light scent and doesn't irritate my skin. I think this is about $3 or $4 at WalMart.
Another Nivea product: Nivea Strawberry Lip Care...again, about $1.99 for a tube. I use this mainly for the light red colour this gives my lips...nice for a pop of colour without pulling out the sticky lip gloss. Makes me feel light and fresh! I did actually see this at Dollarama (I think maybe in the Cherry flavour), so that's even better than the $1.99 price tag at WalMart!
So I got to thinking (because I have a lot of time for that these days, stuck in this hospital bed while I wait for Spartacus to grow and/or for my blood pressure to go sky high) about what my favourite things are lately.
Here's what I came up with (not all of them are under $6, but all of them appear to be cosmetic):
First up is L'Oreal Studio Silk and Gloss Curling Mousse. About $5.99 at WalMart and is a really nice creamy mousse. Holds without being crunchy.
Second, Boots Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturizer (I use Fair). I found this at Shopper's for about $8 on sale, but regular is around $17. This is super smooth and creamy without being heavy, gives some colour and coverage but I do add some of my regular liquid foundation to this to get more coverage when I am going out or something. But for everyday around the house, this does the trick! I like this because my skin is sensitive, but this is not irritating. A winner!
I have always liked Nivea lip chap, but usually only buy the regular blue tube that comes in the 2 pack. This time I tried this Nivea Hydro Care lip chap and am really liking it. This is about $1.99 I think. Very light and moisturizing. Doesn't make my lips break out and make me look like a clown. Another big winner!
I got this Johnson's Bedtime Lotion as a baby gift from a girl at work, but I started using it on myself and haven't stopped! It's got a great light scent and doesn't irritate my skin. I think this is about $3 or $4 at WalMart.
Another Nivea product: Nivea Strawberry Lip Care...again, about $1.99 for a tube. I use this mainly for the light red colour this gives my lips...nice for a pop of colour without pulling out the sticky lip gloss. Makes me feel light and fresh! I did actually see this at Dollarama (I think maybe in the Cherry flavour), so that's even better than the $1.99 price tag at WalMart!
2 comments:
Remember being a kid and loving those sick days where you were just sick enough to not go to school and just got to lie in bed watching tv? I'm guessing it's not so fun as an adult, especially when the bed is in a hospital!
ReplyDelete
I work with a girl who looks EXACTLY like you - except her nose ring is in the middle, not off to the side. I can't look at her without being so confused... and since her language verges on vulgar a lot, I can't talk to her without giggling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Remember being a kid and loving those sick days where you were just sick enough to not go to school and just got to lie in bed watching tv? I'm guessing it's not so fun as an adult, especially when the bed is in a hospital!
ReplyDeleteI work with a girl who looks EXACTLY like you - except her nose ring is in the middle, not off to the side. I can't look at her without being so confused... and since her language verges on vulgar a lot, I can't talk to her without giggling!
I use that bed time lotion too.. I love it. Congrats again!
ReplyDelete